Author Topic: Android tablet  (Read 1644 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Justin

  • Tiger Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 6
  • Bike/Model: 2009 Triumph tiger1050
  • City / Town: omagh, Co Tyrone
Android tablet
on: 18 March, 2020, 05:43:49 AM
Hi,
Can any of you give me some info on what Android tablet i should use tuneecu on i got the app on a Tesco Hudi works fine but i can't get any downloaded maps on to it when i try to get a app for the hex file it comes up my device is not compatible
What are you guys using?
Thank you Justin

#1

Offline Gooza

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 77
  • Bike/Model: White 2010 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Android tablet
Reply #1 on: 18 March, 2020, 05:57:17 AM
*Originally Posted by Justin [+]
Hi,
Can any of you give me some info on what Android tablet i should use tuneecu on i got the app on a Tesco Hudi works fine but i can't get any downloaded maps on to it when i try to get a app for the hex file it comes up my device is not compatible
What are you guys using?
Thank you Justin

I have a Galaxy Tab A 8" , works a treat.

What do you mean by "try to get an app for the hex file"?

You open the hex file (not zipped) directly within TuneECU.


#2

Offline Justin

  • Tiger Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 6
  • Bike/Model: 2009 Triumph tiger1050
  • City / Town: omagh, Co Tyrone
Re: Android tablet
Reply #2 on: 18 March, 2020, 06:34:14 AM
Hi,
Thank you i thought i needed a program to open the map then download it like a hex file reader i must try and unzip the map on tuneecu and download maybe i am just doing something wrong lol.
Cheers dude

#3

Offline Gooza

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 77
  • Bike/Model: White 2010 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Melbourne
  • Country: au
Re: Android tablet
Reply #3 on: 18 March, 2020, 06:46:58 AM
You just need the raw hex file in a folder in the Tablet/Phone.

Have read of this at the TuneECU website.

https://www.tuneecu.net/TuneECU_En/android.html

#4

Offline Winger

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 493
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
  • Country: gb
Re: Android tablet
Reply #4 on: 18 March, 2020, 10:12:09 AM
 Donít ask me why because iím not techy enough but having accessed Tune ECU on a laptop and then an Android what you get is completely different,my lap top died a death years so got a neighbour to come round with his and it worked great,decided iíd Try and do my own thing and bought an Android but went back to dragging the next door round quite amusing as he knows nothing about bikes or Tune ECU.  :001:

Timbox is your man on the subject.

#5

Online Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 4441
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: gb
Re: Android tablet
Reply #5 on: 18 March, 2020, 11:04:34 AM
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Donít ask me why because iím not techy enough but having accessed Tune ECU on a laptop and then an Android what you get is completely different,my lap top died a death years so got a neighbour to come round with his and it worked great,decided iíd Try and do my own thing and bought an Android but went back to dragging the next door round quite amusing as he knows nothing about bikes or Tune ECU.  :001:

Timbox is your man on the subject.

Not so sure now Chris, its been a while, who are you?  :008:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

#6

Offline Justin

  • Tiger Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 6
  • Bike/Model: 2009 Triumph tiger1050
  • City / Town: omagh, Co Tyrone
Re: Android tablet
Reply #6 on: 18 March, 2020, 12:27:01 PM
Thanks guys i found a list on tuneecu for android devices so i will have to look up flea bay and see what is about lol

Justin

#7

Offline Winger

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 493
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
  • Country: gb
Re: Android tablet
Reply #7 on: 18 March, 2020, 01:09:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Not so sure now Chris, its been a while, who are you?  :008:

Wait till 3 months time when hopefully we all come out again into the real world...

#8

Offline Winger

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 493
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
  • Country: gb
Re: Android tablet
Reply #8 on: 18 March, 2020, 01:11:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Justin [+]
Thanks guys i found a list on tuneecu for android devices so i will have to look up flea bay and see what is about lol

Justin

Iíve seen another thread like this on another forum iíll Have a look and see if I have photos of the two different screens you get with either device.

There you go this was off a laptop could never get the same detail with a tablet or maybe I wasn't trying hard enough....





You can see(not very clearly) the values of the coil plug which helped no end at the time.
Last Edit: 18 March, 2020, 01:25:30 PM by Winger

#9

Offline Justin

  • Tiger Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 6
  • Bike/Model: 2009 Triumph tiger1050
  • City / Town: omagh, Co Tyrone
Re: Android tablet
Reply #9 on: 18 March, 2020, 03:53:57 PM
Thank you for that my current laptop is to old and just doesn't be used anymore i did try to get it to pick up the cable and i was going to try it but that did not work lol