Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Tuneboy  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Goldengreg

• Tiger Master
  • My Stable
  • City / Town: San Francisco
Re: New Tuneboy
« Reply #20 on: 02 April, 2009, 11:59:14 PM »
Dikman, rememeber that the numbers go increments of 6 or 7 if I rmemeber.  so if you are off by that much you are acutally only off by 1.  I had an issue when trying to adjust mine.  Once I had the airbox off the throttle bodies would not register anymore.  Even by replugging in the electrical to toe htop of the airbox I could still not get them to register.  I gave up and put everything back on.  I am going to try again this weekend when I put my new snorkles in.  My #2 is off by 1.

Jonhpar: Am I missing something is one being off normal??

'07 Tiger w/ABS with: Leo Vince Pipe,Centerstand, Heated OEM Grips, Throttlemeister Heavies, SW Crashbars, Zero Gravity DBL BBL Screen, Power, Comfort Gel seat, Modified snorkels, PiperCross Air, Nautllus horn (soon), Coocase w/SW rack, Tuneboy, Iphone thingie, TOR tune w/o air sensor.  Not done yet

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #21 on: 03 April, 2009, 12:05:34 AM »
Interesting. Someone on the speedtriple forum had the same problem, I think next time he tried it it worked ok  :187:.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline Goldengreg

• Tiger Master
  • My Stable
« Reply #22 on: 03 April, 2009, 12:10:20 AM »
Silverman, when i checked and did the "check ecu" option the first time it did show that the TOR tune was already loaded, so be wary of what else your dealer said they did.
'07 Tiger w/ABS with: Leo Vince Pipe,Centerstand, Heated OEM Grips, Throttlemeister Heavies, SW Crashbars, Zero Gravity DBL BBL Screen, Power, Comfort Gel seat, Modified snorkels, PiperCross Air, Nautllus horn (soon), Coocase w/SW rack, Tuneboy, Iphone thingie, TOR tune w/o air sensor.  Not done yet

Offline johnparjr

• Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: 03 April, 2009, 01:11:36 AM »
Tiger One the 7.5 correction on the speedo is on PR2CT with about 2,000 miles on them you shouldnt have a huge differance on your tire wear maybe minor but not huge again like I said for my 2 gps one magellan and one tom tom Im spot on at 7.5%

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #24 on: 03 April, 2009, 01:58:19 AM »
Installed the TOR tune, checked the Idle Stepper Motor and throttle balance again, #1 reading 450 and 2 & 3 reading 435. Not too bad, I think, but I'm going to have a bash at adjusting it later (can't help myself  :005:), once I work out wich tune runs best.

Offline silverfish

• Tiger Master
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away!
« Reply #25 on: 03 April, 2009, 04:33:23 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I will email Wayne and check if tuneboy actually reads the tune installed!
Been Looking at the numbers you guys are getting on the throttle body sync. Mine reads 290 - 282 - 290 where I see here that some are in the 400's. What do the numbers represent?

silverfish
'07 Caspian Blue Tiger. Pipercross filter, S3 snorkels, Tuneboy tuned, Silverfish rad guard, KTM hand guards, Campbell pipe, Kappa Top box, LSL levers.....

Offline johnparjr

• Tiger Master
« Reply #26 on: 03 April, 2009, 05:07:48 AM »
I dont remeber exactly what mine are but they are in the 400 range

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #27 on: 03 April, 2009, 06:15:42 AM »
Can't remember, but again, one of the threads on the Speedtriple forum mentioned what it's measuring. It appears that what the numbers are may not matter much, it's how close they are that's critical. Again, anyone, feel free to correct me if I've got any of this wrong, there's a lot to learn about this stuff  :087:.

I tried the TOR tune today, went on the same run as yesterday, and it definitely feels smoother than stock. Idle also seems a bit better (not sure how much turning off the O2 sensor has to do with this). Can't really tell if it accelerates any faster (!) as the bike in stock form is fast enough for me  :001:., but I think I'll run with this tune for a while. The "snatch and grab" that I was concerned about is still there, probably never get rid of it completely, but appears significantly reduced.

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself........  :152:.

Offline Goldengreg

• Tiger Master
  • My Stable
« Reply #28 on: 03 April, 2009, 06:28:40 AM »
Dik, I noticed the air sensor took a few days to settle in, but i did not do the 12 min ide reset to force the changes quicker.  See how it run after a few trips.  I aso find my wrist motion keep everythin smoother ass you have the bike longer. Don't need much to make a change.  I thiink mine were in the 280 range, but off by 7-6 on one.  Yours is alittle more off. Let us know how it goes, I will update on Sunday as well.  How many miles do you have now?

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #29 on: 03 April, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »
Don't you go to bed over there?  :001: What's the time there (it's 1605 here, Friday).
Bikes done about 2800 kms.. I didn't do the 12 min. idle either - on the Tuneboy sensor screen there's a "reset adapt" button at the bottom. I was under the impression that it forces the ECU into a quick adapt.

More reading required......