Author She's arrived! :-)  (Read 1379 times)

• Offline will14   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    15
    • Topic Author

Offline will14

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    • City / Town: North Wales
    She's arrived! :-)
    on: 02 December, 2023, 08:40:36 pm
    02 December, 2023, 08:40:36 pm
    Hi

So last Thursday morning saw the delivery of my new to me Tiger 1050, not really had much of a chance to tinker until this afternoon due to work and have to say I'm really happy with the bike, plus an added bonus of finding a genuine Triumph tail pack inside the Givi top box, should come in handy 

As in my first post, she is a 2010, 1050 in black with one previous owner & less than 6000 miles. This afternoon I fitted the KTM hand-guards, no real issues there, they really suit the bike & look great in my opinion. I have also fitted a new SW Motech center stand, no issues there either, again easily fitted & a quality piece of kit that does what its supposed to

I don't really want to to do many mods to the bike, its pretty much totally standard which is how I like to keep my bikes other than worthwhile mods, having said that I think the next thing on the list is a TOR exhaust if I can find one in good condition then possibly some additional running lights  :164: here we go again  :007:

Cheers, Pete

• Offline Mike_B   gb

• Tiger God  ‐    1273

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger God
    • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
    • City / Town: Tonbridge
    Re: She's arrived! :-)
    Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2023, 04:06:55 pm
    06 December, 2023, 04:06:55 pm
    Looking good!

Best thing (IMHO) is to ride the thing for a while before deciding on mods.  See what things you actually need.

• Offline Yellow Dog   gb

• Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger  ‐    10692

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger
    • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
    • City / Town: Quainton
    Reply #2 on: 06 December, 2023, 04:39:12 pm
    06 December, 2023, 04:39:12 pm
    Congrats to you  :028: 2010 is a great year :152:

Best advice is to give her a good ride so you can get a feel for what you do and don't like. You might find the throttle a little snatchy at low speed :087:

If you run up Tuneecu with an FTDI Chipset OBD2 connection to your laptop, you can check out the tune number and see if it has been superceded by something better. 'Dave73 Stock Tuned V2' is the one to run on a standard 2010 Tiger for the smoothest setup  :046:
    2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT

• Offline will14   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    15
    • Topic Author

Offline will14

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: 06 December, 2023, 08:42:31 pm
    06 December, 2023, 08:42:31 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
    Looking good!

Best thing (IMHO) is to ride the thing for a while before deciding on mods.  See what things you actually need.
    Thanks for the advice, will do. The center stand & hand guards are just practical mods that I wanted TBH. I have picked up a TOR exhaust today, it's in pretty much immaculate condition, £50 well spent I hope but that's possibly it for now

Cheers, Pete

• Offline will14   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    15
    • Topic Author

Offline will14

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: 06 December, 2023, 08:47:24 pm
    06 December, 2023, 08:47:24 pm
    *Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
    Congrats to you  :028: 2010 is a great year :152:

Best advice is to give her a good ride so you can get a feel for what you do and don't like. You might find the throttle a little snatchy at low speed :087:

If you run up Tuneecu with an FTDI Chipset OBD2 connection to your laptop, you can check out the tune number and see if it has been superceded by something better. 'Dave73 Stock Tuned V2' is the one to run on a standard 2010 Tiger for the smoothest setup  :046:

Thanks again for the advice, appreciated. I have downloaded Tigertool for now & just waiting for the lead to be delivered, from what I have read I can find out what map the bike is running with Tigertool? I managed to get a number for the previous owner who mentioned that the bike had a TOR exhaust fitted and that the bike had been mapped to suit, he had removed the TOR for MOT and never refitted, he said it went with the bike to the dealer however they seem to have misplaced it  :430:

• Offline Yellow Dog   gb

• Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger  ‐    10692

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger
    • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
    • City / Town: Quainton
    Reply #5 on: 07 December, 2023, 09:51:23 am
    07 December, 2023, 09:51:23 am
    I don't know if TigerTool will help you read the map. Do be aware that the tune for the bike with a TOR fitted won't be the same as for with the standard one.

Does she ride well at low speeds?
    2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT

• Offline will14   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    15
    • Topic Author

Offline will14

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: 31 December, 2023, 09:26:21 am
    31 December, 2023, 09:26:21 am
    *Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
    I don't know if TigerTool will help you read the map. Do be aware that the tune for the bike with a TOR fitted won't be the same as for with the standard one.

Does she ride well at low speeds?
    Hi, I eventually managed to get a cable that worked with Tune-ecu and the map that was on the bike was for the standard exhaust and not the TOR (found this out after fitting the TOR) although the bike seemed to run well, the only slight issues were on first start up the revs were a bit erratic and too high initially & there was a bit of a backfire on overrun. I wasn't to confident in the Tune-ecu set up that I had or my laptop and abilty TBH to install the TOR map so decided I could live with it. I called at my local Triumph dealer to have a look around the shop and got talking to the lad on the service desk, I mentioned the map to him and he very kindly offered to update the map for me plus any updates that were outstanding for £15, I had this done and there is a marked difference in both initial start up and general running, very smooth and responsive all the way through the range, just need some decent weather now to have a good long run, it was blowing a gale and pouring down last time I was out, definitely need to sort something with a screen though

Cheers, Pete     

• Offline tiggersteve   gb

• Tiger God  ‐    9085

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
    • City / Town: doddington cambs
    Reply #7 on: 31 December, 2023, 10:42:12 am
    31 December, 2023, 10:42:12 am
    Wow, £15 from a stealer! Bargain,
    Some have been thru a handful of screens, everyone will tell you different.
    Cheapest initial option is an add on winglet which is multi adjustable
    '08 1050 gone, 2017 KTM 1290S gone, now '94 ZZR1100D back to old times (temporarily)

• Offline will14   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    15
    • Topic Author

Offline will14

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #8 on: 31 December, 2023, 11:07:12 am
    31 December, 2023, 11:07:12 am
    *Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
    Wow, £15 from a stealer! Bargain,
    Some have been thru a handful of screens, everyone will tell you different.
    Cheapest initial option is an add on winglet which is multi adjustable
    Exactly what I thought, and for the piece of mind that I wasnít going to end up with a problem. I have done plenty with Power Commanders etc but didnít fancy getting into the Tune ecu for some reason, experience kicked in and told me to go with my gut!!

I have tried one of the clip on deflector screens, it made some difference but wasnít totally happy with it, but it was very windy so maybe need to give it another go, also tried some spacers under the screen which again didnít seem to make a lot of difference. I fancy a Palmer Products adaptor for the standard screen, doesnít look out of place and seems to give plenty of height and angle adjustment options  :112:

• Offline tiggersteve   gb

• Tiger God  ‐    9085

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
    • City / Town: doddington cambs
    Reply #9 on: 31 December, 2023, 03:33:56 pm
    31 December, 2023, 03:33:56 pm
    A number of guys have had results with the Palmer, personally I find it a bit of a carbuncle definitely function over form  :001:
    '08 1050 gone, 2017 KTM 1290S gone, now '94 ZZR1100D back to old times (temporarily)

telegraph-coming