Author Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT or not GT ?  (Read 968 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Yellow Dog   gb

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger  ‐    10633
    • *
    • Topic Author

    Offline Yellow Dog

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 10633
    • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
    • City / Town: Quainton
    • Country: gb
    Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT or not GT ?
    on: 21 September, 2023, 10:33:07 am
    21 September, 2023, 10:33:07 am
    I was just wondering what the consensus of opinion was regarding buying the standard or GT version of this tyre?

    I'm not exactly light and my back box must weigh about 25Kg. I was just wondering if anyone has gone for the GT version has an additional reinforcement layer, which is for heavier bikes?
    2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

  • Offline gosling 1   us

    • Tiger God  ‐    2919
    • *****
      #1

    Offline gosling 1

    • Tiger God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2919
    • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
    • City / Town: Connecticut
    • Country: us
    Re: Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT or not GT ?
    Reply #1 on: 21 September, 2023, 12:19:47 pm
    21 September, 2023, 12:19:47 pm
    In years past, I have used the GT versions of the PR3 and 4. At the time, my Tiger was seeing a lot of two up multi day touring with loaded side cases, top box and tank bag. I found the rear GT gave better wear and handling in those situations.  Never got on with the GT front, the stiffer construction gave noticeably less feedback. Preferred a GT rear and standard front combination.  Now my two up rides are mostly day trips with just a tank bag so am running the standard Road 6 tires.
    Larger than life and twice as ugly!

  • Offline Yellow Dog   gb

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger  ‐    10633
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline Yellow Dog

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 10633
    • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
    • City / Town: Quainton
    • Country: gb
    Re: Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT or not GT ?
    Reply #2 on: 21 September, 2023, 03:07:53 pm
    21 September, 2023, 03:07:53 pm
    *Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
    In years past, I have used the GT versions of the PR3 and 4. At the time, my Tiger was seeing a lot of two up multi day touring with loaded side cases, top box and tank bag. I found the rear GT gave better wear and handling in those situations.  Never got on with the GT front, the stiffer construction gave noticeably less feedback. Preferred a GT rear and standard front combination.  Now my two up rides are mostly day trips with just a tank bag so am running the standard Road 6 tires.

    Thank you.

    I was almost on that same page. Funnily enough I can't seem to get the 180 width in the standard PR6 and they are only offering the 190 width instead. 
    2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

  • Online mustangpilot   nl

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Tiger Master  ‐    826
    • *
      #3

    Online mustangpilot

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Tiger Master
    • *
    • Posts: 826
    • New bike Tiger 850 Sport, Tiger Sport 660 sold
    • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 sold
    • Country: nl
    Re: Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT or not GT ?
    Reply #3 on: 21 September, 2023, 05:42:58 pm
    21 September, 2023, 05:42:58 pm
    Check the michelin website
    Triumph centerstand/engine guards/heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack with DLM36 panniers, SR6404 top rack with M9B plate, WL901/DLM30/V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator&oilcooler guards, Pyramid ExtendaFenda/hugger extension, Puig screen&spoiler, Zumo XT on Zumo lockable mount, Osco chainoiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC clutch/brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Micks 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini3 volt/temp/time & LED blinkers, SHIDO LTX14-BS battery

  • Offline Mike_B   gb

    • Tiger God  ‐    1245
    • *****
      #4

    Offline Mike_B

    • Tiger God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1245
    • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
    • City / Town: Tonbridge
    • Country: gb
    Re: Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT or not GT ?
    Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2023, 04:48:51 pm
    30 September, 2023, 04:48:51 pm
    *Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
    Thank you.

    I was almost on that same page. Funnily enough I can't seem to get the 180 width in the standard PR6 and they are only offering the 190 width instead.

    Itís definitely made in 180 width.  I usually get tyres from FWR in south London - they are showing 5 of that size in stock.

  • Offline Yellow Dog   gb

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger  ‐    10633
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #5

    Offline Yellow Dog

    • Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 10633
    • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
    • City / Town: Quainton
    • Country: gb
    Re: Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT or not GT ?
    Reply #5 on: 30 September, 2023, 08:08:06 pm
    30 September, 2023, 08:08:06 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
    Itís definitely made in 180 width.  I usually get tyres from FWR in south London - they are showing 5 of that size in stock.

    Thanks Mike. I found the right sizes at http://www.thevisorshop.com. Great pricing too  :152:
    2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

     



    telegraph-coming