Author LED Headlights on my 2016 Tiger Sport  (Read 648 times)

• Online gvy   be

• Tiger Pro  ‐    172
    • Topic Author

Online gvy

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: tiger sport 2016
    • City / Town: Scheldewindeke
    LED Headlights on my 2016 Tiger Sport
    on: 22 August, 2022, 07:18:16 pm
    22 August, 2022, 07:18:16 pm
    I started tweaking my Tiger, a week after purchase and one of the things I wanted to change is going from halogen H7 and H11 to led lights. My Tiger is already equipped with a set of sw motech evo led projectors and I wanted extra light from my headlights + the same 6000Kelvin cold white colour for all the lights to get the Tiger a modern look, with decent lightoutput.
    Changing halogen bulbs to led is still not legal ( in Belgium and most other countries ) , although change is coming since Osram has a set of street legal led replacement bulbs ( only in Germany and Austria and only on specific cars)

There has been a lot of trash in all different ledbulbs on the ( Chinese ) market , but amongst all products, there are really professional and good products too. I is just a matter of doing some webresearch and not going for the cheapest product. Although it is not needed to buy the really expensive ones from Philips or Osram. ( There are better, brighter, cheaper ones out there).

The problem with the cheap ones is the type of leds they use and the bad placement of more mediocre leds, instead of 2 superbright,efficient ones. It causes scattering of the light by the reflector housing, creating a lot of scattered light, that is blinding.

After some research, I went for Bevinsee. The latest 2022 model is the A01 type. I ordered a set of A01-H7 for the low beam and a set A01-H11 for the high beam and completed with some small white ledbulbs for the position lights.

I already got the A01-H7 (low beam) and installed them. I am still waiting for the others to arrive.
    There is some fiddling involved with the installation, since these lights have a little box with electronics that has to find a place, but it can be done.
    After installation I adjusted, the beam in a proper way to make sure to have the beams of both reflectors far enough, without blinding upcoming traffic.

Some pictures to show the color difference. One with the new lowbeam and one with the old highbeam.

Last Edit: 22 August, 2022, 07:33:45 pm by gvy

• Online gvy   be

• Tiger Pro  ‐    172
    • Topic Author

Online gvy

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: tiger sport 2016
    • City / Town: Scheldewindeke
    Re: LED Headlights on my 2016 Tiger Sport
    Reply #1 on: 22 August, 2022, 09:13:03 pm
    22 August, 2022, 09:13:03 pm
    One important thing.
    It is in the manual of the leds but it is often overlooked. You have to turn the ledbulbs in the reflector until the two sides with leds are pointing exactly to 3 o clock and 9 o clock, otherwise the lightpattern is all over the place. If you are not aware, you will turn the bulb till the end and it will end in a wrong angle. simple enough.

Infact there is a holder that clips in with the original clips from the halogen bulb. This one can sit in only one position ( just like the halogen bulb was). But after placing that holder, you have to push in and screw in the led and that should not be screwed in al the way but only until it sits perfectly vertical.
    Last Edit: 22 August, 2022, 09:16:07 pm by gvy

telegraph-coming