Author Topic: Been a long time,  (Read 773 times)

Offline Woodie

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Sport 2013
  • City / Town: Upper Bucklebury
Been a long time,
on: 16 July, 2022, 08:46:19 AM
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely time. 

Feels like forever since I posted here. Still a Tiger Rider, still love the 1050 but life, covid and employment has gotten in the way so I've not been around (electronically that is) ,   

Employment wise I have moved to a major Web Provider who now pay me well enough to clear a debt or two and upgrade from 'Clot' to something newer, lower mileage and shinier.

I considered a new Tiger 900 but I'm not enamoured with the styling so go stuck on the fence there.
I got excited when Triumph released the 660 Sport, I loved the new style but its physical presence didn't float my boat.  I scoured bike papers hoping a Tiger 900 Sport was in the wings but that seems a lost opportunity for Triumph. 

One of my other bikes was a Sprint GT a d due to it being a cat C no-one would touch it despite it giving me 50k trouble free miles . But eventually someone bought it sight unseen purely on my description and low price. Relevant only that it gave me enough to look but intention was to sell 'Clot' first so I had enough to get a Sport as new as I could afford. . .

. . . But a 13 plate, 14k bike popped up within budget. Only 25 miles away {Andover) saw add Friday,  had a look Saturday Collected it Monday. 

And irs bloody lovely,  pearl white,  MRA screen, heated grips and a host of doo-dads...

AND IT'S SO SHINY! . . AND THERES NOTHING TO FIX.

Being a budget biker I usually buy crash repairable and recommission them but all I've done is enjoy it. It's brilliant,  can't belive how much different it feels to 'Clot' but that's the difference between an 80k bike and a 14k bike,

I am so chuffed.

I never touched it, you can't blame me, it went off when I was cleaning it.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Re: Been a long time,
Reply #1 on: 16 July, 2022, 11:02:02 AM
FANTASTIC  :046:

Congrats to you on all fronts - She's a beauty  :152:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Reply #2 on: 16 July, 2022, 01:03:46 PM
 :028:
Good news indeed
Been tough times for many I'm sure
 :031:

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
Reply #3 on: 16 July, 2022, 04:33:12 PM
Hi Woody, good to see you back again  :410:
Triumph centerstand/engine guards/heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack/DLM36 panniers, SR6404 top rack with M9B plate, WL901/DLM30/V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator&oilcooler guards, Pyramid ExtendaFenda/hugger extension, Puig touring Screen & spoiler, Zumo XT with Touratech lockable mount, Osco chain oiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch/ brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Micks 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini3 volt/temp/time & LED blinker

Offline OCDave

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Minneapolis
Reply #4 on: 18 July, 2022, 02:30:54 AM
It looks great.  I have been pondering whether I should add a MRA X-Creen to my 2008.  Your picture convinced me.

Thanks

Offline Woodie

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 19 July, 2022, 10:38:26 AM
*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]
Hi Woody, good to see you back again  :410:

Cheers. glad to see lots of old and new faces.

Offline Woodie

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: 19 July, 2022, 10:41:53 AM
*Originally Posted by OCDave [+]
It looks great.  I have been pondering whether I should add a MRA X-Creen to my 2008.  Your picture convinced me.

Thanks

The MRA screen is a god-send. @ 6' tall the standard screen lets the helmet get buffeted. ive had MRA screens on both the Tigers and if thi didn't have one  I would have swapped the old one over.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Reply #7 on: 20 July, 2022, 03:45:45 PM
Welcome back sir.

Hope you enjoy the beauty, pictures and video's would be really appreciated.  Miss my girl, badly. 
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline Woodie

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: 31 July, 2022, 11:44:14 AM
Well I finally found something wrong.  The crash bars are bent, obviously been dropped but as the tiny scrape I found is vertical and lack of any other damage I'm going to assume it fell over.

Given me the impetus to do some bits,

Old Tiger has a brand new rear tyre and I'd bought a new matching front so swapping them over.

A PO has fitted a gear change indicator but it interrupts the loom with a Scotch-Lock, ... that's gotta go.

My Rad/oil cooler guards are being swapped and the headers getting a good scrub down with Harpic and Scothbrite.

Finally I picked up a s/hand rear body panel Ias I am going to experiment with spraying it white. Just a bit too much black for my taste but don't want to ruin the original paint and not like it,

Offline Davdundrod

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger1050
  • City / Town: County Down
Reply #9 on: 03 August, 2022, 01:38:18 AM
Congratulations Woodie, that white Tiger is outstanding looking, a real find.
I agree with you about the lack of styling of the newer tigers.  I too looked at the new 660 but it just didn't bowl me over to trade in.