Author Topic: 1978 MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA 850 T3 FOR SALE  (Read 166 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
1978 MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA 850 T3 FOR SALE
on: 17 June, 2022, 12:17:33 PM
1978 Moto Guzzi California 850 T3 for sale. Runs and rides well, very good condition. Not completely standard, but very close.

I imported the bike from Germany in 2020 as a non-runner. The problems were simple electrical ones, and after repairs the bike runs well. Mechanically she is very good and will pass an MOT without issue.

Extensively restored by the previous German owner, the bike has twin-plug ignition, deeper sump, Le Mans Dellorto carburettors, new brake disks and lines, and reupholstered seat. Since owning I have also upgraded much of the wiring, and fitted electronic ignition.

Selling because sadly my situation has changed. I have three bikes, and from this year no garage. Since I donít ride so often now, I prefer to sell to an enthusiast rather than just let it sit and corrode. If I had the luxury of a garage I would keep it, but no longer.

The bike is perfectly rideable, and with all the chrome is a real attention-grabber. It could do with the attention of a good Dellorto carburettor tuner or Moto Guzzi expert to get the best out of it.

Purists will note the original dash Ė many are missing on these bikes. Also the non-standard side panels Ė however I have the originals which are also included.

Asking £ 7,500-00 (GBP 7,500). These bikes donít come up for sale very often, and I think this one is well worth the asking price.

Iím putting it on the forum in case anybody is interested before I advertise more widely. Contact me via PM.

Online tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: 1978 MOTO GUZZI CALIFORNIA 850 T3 FOR SALE
Reply #1 on: 17 June, 2022, 03:27:00 PM
Such a shame Paul, you've spent some time on it and it's looking sweet apart from the barn door on the front  :001: