• Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger
    • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
    • City / Town: Indianapolis
    Re: Undecided
    Reply #10 on: 09 June, 2022, 03:30:32 am
    09 June, 2022, 03:30:32 am
     :405:

The Tigers position is pretty upright, making a long day trip possible. On the S3 would not even try.

Support the forum.   :031:

• Offline roblambden   gb

• Tiger Newbie  ‐    7

Offline roblambden

• Tiger Newbie
    • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
    • City / Town: Portsmouth
    Reply #11 on: 12 June, 2022, 01:20:49 pm
    12 June, 2022, 01:20:49 pm
    I own a 1050 sport but have ridden street triple. The street triple has an aggressive  riding position & not much of a fairing so is quite exposed. The upright position of the Tiger Sport makes it more comfortable but it does cause your head to get buffeted by the wind. I fitted an aftermarket screen which improved this. It has 15 inch wheels so I wouldn't recommend taking it off road.

• Offline indytiger1050   us

• Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger  ‐    22308

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
    • Supreme Tiger
    • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
    • City / Town: Indianapolis
    Reply #12 on: 18 June, 2022, 11:12:19 pm
    18 June, 2022, 11:12:19 pm
    *Originally Posted by roblambden [+]
    I own a 1050 sport but have ridden street triple. The street triple has an aggressive  riding position & not much of a fairing so is quite exposed. The upright position of the Tiger Sport makes it more comfortable but it does cause your head to get buffeted by the wind. I fitted an aftermarket screen which improved this. It has 15 inch wheels so I wouldn't recommend taking it off road.
      Pull the windscreen.  Don't loose any screws or rubber washers.  Take it for a spin and enjoy no head buffet. (wear ear plugs) I always did anyway, reduces loud voices after a ride.
    Put a short screen tried several, go short.  One down side, riding in the rain sucks more.  :033:

Support the forum.   :031:

• Offline tamarillo

• Tiger Pro  ‐    195

Offline tamarillo

• Tiger Pro
    • Tiger Tim Nelson NZ
    • Bike/Model: Tiger SE 2009
    • City / Town: Nelson
    Reply #13 on: 18 June, 2022, 11:29:27 pm
    18 June, 2022, 11:29:27 pm
    *Originally Posted by roblambden [+]
    Crickey I think you mean 17 inch wheels…
    Stuff it all, I've always got my bike

• Offline Dustywheels   au

• Tiger Member  ‐    20
    • Topic Author

Offline Dustywheels

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
    • City / Town: Lake Macquaire, NSW
    Reply #14 on: 06 August, 2022, 10:50:14 am
    06 August, 2022, 10:50:14 am
    Thought it time I added some closure to the thread, so here its. Picked up a 2019 Sport a week or so back at a good price. Ive only done the 100 kilometre ride home on it to date and will take me a little while to get used to the size and weight compared to the 765.

I still have the 765, seems the secondhand market here in Oz has slowed considerably. Happy to hold steady on my asking price and enjoy both bikes while I have them.
    Last Edit: 06 August, 2022, 10:53:34 am by Dustywheels

• Offline tiggersteve   gb

• Tiger God  ‐    8810

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
    • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
    • City / Town: doddington cambs
    Reply #15 on: 06 August, 2022, 10:21:13 pm
    06 August, 2022, 10:21:13 pm
     :028:

Shows what big girl the 1050 is  :002:

:031:

• Offline SomeOldMan50   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    48

Offline SomeOldMan50

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050
    • City / Town: MK
    Reply #16 on: 13 September, 2022, 07:18:58 pm
    13 September, 2022, 07:18:58 pm
    I’m in the same kinda boat, I have Speed Triple for local riding and. Tiger Sport for long distance stuff, I think the Tiger is an okay bike, the modes are bit pointless and the engine has got a bit of flat spot in the middle, but it’s an easy bike to cover distance quickly

• Offline seangee   gb

• Tiger Supporter
    • Tiger God  ‐    3065

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
    • Tiger God
    • Bike/Model: 16 Sport, '21 1290SAS
    • City / Town: Bracknell
    Reply #17 on: 13 September, 2022, 08:53:43 pm
    13 September, 2022, 08:53:43 pm
    The only difference between street and sport modes is throttle response. I keep mine on sport all the time, even in winter, because I like it to be direct. Others prefer road. There may be a difference in TC but tbh its negligible. Fuelling is identical in all modes and rain mode simply cuts the power at the top, with an even laggier throttle response (no doubt more TC, but I never tried that mode, even in snow / ice  :005:)

Mine had no flat spot in the middle until I tried riding with the baffle out. The air filter won't let it in as fast as the can lets it out that way. Easy fix for me was to change the filter. I went for MWR. Of course then I put the baffle back in because the drone was annoying on long distances  :164:
    Last Edit: 13 September, 2022, 08:58:00 pm by seangee
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• Online gvy   be

• Tiger Member  ‐    51

Online gvy

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: tiger sport 2016
    • City / Town: Scheldewindeke
    Reply #18 on: 14 September, 2022, 12:28:08 am
    14 September, 2022, 12:28:08 am
    Congrats on the new bike. Have fun with it.

I just purchased a 2016 Tiger sport after riding four years on a first gen 2010 street triple.
    I wanted a new experience hence the tiger sport.
    tbh, I think my former street triple is the better bike of the two, but You really can't compare them. It is a totally other experience.

I modified my street triple by lowering the pegs and having the steering up by 2cm and I had a Sargent Seat , so that bike was totally comfortable and I have riden it in the mountains for 5 days on a row with 300km/day in the company of GS's and KTM 1050 adventure bike. But the little streety did it all and was pretty fast compared to the bigger bikes, because it eats twisties and hairpin bends for breakfast. I commuted on it also. Being a naked, it is less nice to ride really long stretches of highway though, but again pretty fast and nothing but clean air around the helmet.
    Because it is so light, it has never been intimidating, even when I got bits off road, because the guy's forgot , mine was a street naked  :015:.  I could always control it's weight easy.

Now my new Tiger... I am not at all disappointed. It grows on me. But again, I had to make changes to get it comfortable, even on the highway. My legs were in a cramped bend, so The saddle became 2cm higher and the pegs 3cm lower. The handlebar is perfect. I had to change the windprotection, because buffeting and windblast on my head made it a worse ride on the highway compared to the naked street triple. Again it has all been sorted now and today I found out , that I am a lot more protected against the elements in the rain on a highwayblast.
    Torque is addictive, it really is. But the street triple was easier to launch from stand still and it revved like crazy. I have noticed that the Tiger is so lineair, that I already revved it in the limiter once wich is a strange feeling. But it is pretty fast. Brakes on the Tiger 2016 are way better then those on my 2010 street triple.
    I think I am a faster rider on the street triple then on the Tiger. Hard to tell though.

The Tiger, because of it's weight, is a more intimidating bike. I never dropped the street triple...not sure how long before I have an incident with the Tiger. At standstill, it is top heavy.
    But in the end, the way I have modded the Tiger to my likings, it is a more comfortable bike then the street triple and capable of doing long quick highwaystretches if needed too.

Last Edit: 14 September, 2022, 12:30:21 am by gvy