Author Topic: Hello from the East Coast  (Read 289 times)

Offline V8-108

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Hollym
Hello from the East Coast
on: 12 May, 2022, 10:19:48 PM
Hi guys (and gals) new Tiger owner here from the Hollym on the East coast of Yorkshire. I took delivery today of my first Tiger, a '64 plate sport in white with full luggage. Now for the funny bit - I can't ride it, I don't have a licence!
I am 56 years old and have thought about taking my bike test on and off for a number of years. My best mate (same age) took his very recently and got himself a Harley (not my type of thing) but it did spur me on to finally take the plunge. I may well be doing things the wrong way round by getting the bike before the licence, but having a few grand sat in the garage waiting to be used might be just the sort of motivation I need to get through it all!!
Theory is booked for tomorrow, so hopefully that particular hurdle can be jumped and once I have that certificate in my hand I can get on with booking my direct access course and move closer to having a go on my own bike!
Many will say it's a mid-life crisis and there may even be an element of truth in that, but I am looking forward to open roads and a completely different experience of those roads. I am under no illusion that the limitations of me as a rider and those of my bike are miles apart, but I have no intention of finding the limits of either.
Looking forward to gaining knowledge of my bike through the forum.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Re: Hello from the East Coast
Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2022, 03:40:23 AM
 :405:
Check the stickys top each section
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Hello from the East Coast
Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2022, 03:58:36 PM
 :401: to the forum  :031:
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

reconstruction