Author Topic: Demo ride  (Read 279 times)

Offline Hamilton

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 se
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
Demo ride
on: 30 April, 2022, 07:37:48 PM
Took this beauty for a demo ride .

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: Demo ride
Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2022, 08:02:00 PM
Is that it :027:
At least say something about it and why???

Offline Hamilton

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2022, 08:39:43 PM
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
Is that it :027:
At least say something about it and why???
I am interested in buying one  , hopefully next year as long as WW3 doesn't break out , looks and sounds great imo , plenty of power , took me 15 mins to get used to the 150mm front tyre , corners great , surprisingly nimble , front brakes are very good , comfortable enough for me , even the forward controls were fine , you get a bit of heat off the rear cylinder at a stop , but if you put your right foot on the foot peg that disappears , I didn't find the rear suspension harsh , and that was on the b roads of N Somerset , even the price is ok , ideal bike for cruising to the seaside on .

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Suwanee, GA
Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2022, 09:22:13 PM
Am I allowed top be honest? I mean no offence. My best mate has one of these. Butt ugly, too small, no hope of a pillion being happy. I just don't get it or the Indian equivalent. Is the entire bike supposed to be centered around the muffler? And it looks like someone bought a headlight from Midas and bolted it on in a rush.  :005: But, horses for courses....

PS. I heard one of our other mates say that Zac's (the guy who owns one) bike looks like a beefed up Honda Grom. The scale of it is the issue, I think.
Last Edit: 30 April, 2022, 09:30:45 PM by ZuluTiger

Offline Hamilton

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2022, 10:28:36 PM
*Originally Posted by ZuluTiger [+]
Am I allowed top be honest? I mean no offence. My best mate has one of these. Butt ugly, too small, no hope of a pillion being happy. I just don't get it or the Indian equivalent. Is the entire bike supposed to be centered around the muffler? And it looks like someone bought a headlight from Midas and bolted it on in a rush.  :005: But, horses for courses....

PS. I heard one of our other mates say that Zac's (the guy who owns one) bike looks like a beefed up Honda Grom. The scale of it is the issue, I think.
Of course you can have an opinion , we don't all have to agree , looks are subjective , as for size , if your more than 6 foot and weigh more than 18 stone you will look like your on a grom , as for pillion my wife is not interested in motorbikes .

reconstruction