Author Topic: Tiger Sport 2016 - SOLD  (Read 499 times)

Offline rpr101

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: London
Tiger Sport 2016 - SOLD
on: 13 April, 2022, 02:45:09 PM
Triumph Tiger Sport 2016 £6,250
28,400 miles

Bike is in E2 Bethnal Green East London

It's with a heavy heart that I'm putting my TS up for sale. It's been such a fantastic bike and I'll be sorry to see it go but it deserves to be used more often by someone who can enjoy it.

the TS is also on auto trader https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202204104513037

The bike does it all. Power, range, comfort, touring, pillion, everyday usability and the legendary Triumph 1050 triple that will put a smile on your face. The suspension was upgraded by MCT in 2021. New fork springs and a Nitron RSU were fitted by MCT. The upgrades have transformed the ride, a massive improvement over stock.

Reason for sale is due to a change in job location. Iím just not using the Tiger Sport as much as I want to and will be looking for something smaller.

Iíve had it since April 2017. It was bought from Pure Triumph in Woburn ex-demo with approx 2.5k miles on.

Fitted with:
Nitron RSU with remote pre-load adjuster
Upgraded fork springs
Biketrac Tracker
R&G Crash Bungs
R&G Engine Covers
Triumph Heated Grips
Triumph tank pad
Triumph low rider seat
(Original seat will be sold with bike if wanted)
Puig Touring screen + wind deflector
(Original screen will be sold with bike if wanted)
Centre Stand
GIVI Trekker Outback 42L Aluminium top box
Tomtom Sat Nav Mount fitted and hard wired (TomTom not for sale with bike - just the mount)
Datatag

Full service history - All to schedule
Plenty left on brake pads
Valve clearance checked at 15k & 27k
Next major service due at 39k
Chain & sprockets changes at 18k
Michelin Road 5 tyres fitted at 24k
Coolant flushed and changed
Brake callipers stripped down and rebuilt at 24k
Yuasa YTX14H-BS 12V High Performance Battery
Upgraded battery/ starter cables
Kept in undercover carpark
Always ACF 50íd
All books and keys included
Passed first MOT with no advisories
2nd MOT August 2020 (delayed due to Covid) needed steering head bearings to pass
3rd MOT August 2021 passed with no advisories
Major service done at Trimoto London 31/03/22 @ 27,783

Mileage may go up as Iím still using the bike.

Last Edit: 30 April, 2022, 12:46:54 PM by rpr101

Offline rpr101

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: London
Re: Tiger Sport 2016 - SOLD
Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2022, 12:45:20 PM
I sold the TS via a private sale (autotrader ad £40) for £6k. I had to have the brake pads changed as a condition of sale (£100), so £5,860 net.

Iíll miss it. Had it five years. First Triumph. Canít see myself owning another brand. Thanks to all contributors on this forum. Itís been amazing to pick up so much insight. Canít see another forum out there with so much info and dedication to a model.

FYI two Triumph dealers offered £4.5k part ex. Webuyanymotorcycle £4.1k and another trader offered £4.25k.

Iím bikeless for a couple of months until the new Tiger 900 Rally Pro is delivered. Not happy to miss a couple of months of good weather riding but I couldnít turn down £6k given how saturated the second hand market looks right now with last gen Tiger Sports.

I have the original stock screen, seat and RSU to shift. Please let me know if youíre interested in these parts.

reconstruction