Author Topic: Cold start issue ?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Anthraxx66

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Morwell
Re: Cold start issue ?
Reply #10 on: 06 April, 2022, 10:10:19 AM
Heres two photos of my stepper... looks like the grease is is little claggy and may be causing some issues or maybe has some grit/dirt in there which needs cleaning out... a job for the weekend

Last Edit: 06 April, 2022, 10:17:19 AM by Anthraxx66
2009 White Tiger 1050 ABS, TOR can, Komy LEDS, SW Motech rear rack

Offline Anthraxx66

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #11 on: 16 April, 2022, 08:57:24 AM
Well, rightly or wrongly (we'll see which) I've booked the bike in at the local(?) Triumph stealer... about 120km away. I'll leave the bike there on Sat 23 Apri for the week and pick it up the following Saturday... for what it's worth, the guy on the service desk said he believes it's the stepper motor... we will see!

Offline chambertiger

• Tiger Newbie
  • City / Town: San Francisco
Reply #12 on: 04 May, 2022, 12:17:27 AM
I'm having the same exact issue! My issue surfaced about 2k miles after the 12k maintenance interval (that I had brought to a shop to complete) and now when I start it when it's cold, the idle is very rough just like your graph but performs beautifully when warm. What did the dealership say? And what work did they end up doing? I'm trying to look for the time to drop mine off at my local Triumph dealer for them to work on it but I'm curious as to what ended up happening with yours. Please let me know! Thanks in advance  :002:

Offline Anthraxx66

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #13 on: 14 May, 2022, 08:20:13 AM
*Originally Posted by chambertiger [+]
I'm having the same exact issue! My issue surfaced about 2k miles after the 12k maintenance interval (that I had brought to a shop to complete) and now when I start it when it's cold, the idle is very rough just like your graph but performs beautifully when warm. What did the dealership say? And what work did they end up doing? I'm trying to look for the time to drop mine off at my local Triumph dealer for them to work on it but I'm curious as to what ended up happening with yours. Please let me know! Thanks in advance  :002:

Hey Chamber. Not much has happened. I took the bike to my local dealership about 1.5 hrs away and left the bike with them for the week. They hooked it up to the dealertool which showed nothing was wrong, re-loaded the map (20551 which is correct for my set-up) then contacted me to let me know the bike what they had done and the bike was heaps better. I asked if anyone had ridden the bike to which the answer was no. I asked them to ride it in the morning, which they claim they did. They then called me back to say the bike had been ridden and it was 150% better than when it came in... Awesome!

The following Saturday I took at 1.5hr train trip to the delaership, paid $400(Aussie), started the bike and..... no difference! I quizzed the bloke at the counter and all he said was what was written on the invoice and told me I need to take the bike for a good ride. I did that, 200km to get home. Started the bike the next morning and absolutely no difference.

A few suggestions have been made to check the vaccuum hoses, so next weekend I'll pull bits and pieces off the bike again an check the airbox sealing corrently and check any vacuum hoses....

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: Suwanee, GA
Reply #14 on: 14 May, 2022, 07:42:48 PM
That dealer is a thief, liar and incompetent nincompoop. Surely you'd want a refund at minimum?