Author Topic: Beeline sat nav  (Read 361 times)

Offline Fearny

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport 1050
  • City / Town: Thrybergh
Beeline sat nav
on: 22 November, 2021, 10:36:29 PM
Hiya all,

Hoping santa,s gunna get me a beeline satnav, anyone already got and how do you get along with it? The good the bad, hoping to get out again but got scaffold up round house cold weather gear required now :190:

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
Re: Beeline sat nav
Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2021, 01:13:54 AM
Santa brought me one last year.  :047:  I like it a lot, and once you get used to just an arrow pointing the way, it's easy peasy.

Route planning on the app can be a bit time consuming if you're making lots of route changes, but I like how you can customize your route if you want. And if you just want to go for a spin not using route guidance, it will keep track of your ride's route, time, and distance traveled.

My biggest concern was battery life for the phone and the unit. That has not been an issue at all. My longest ride last summer was 300 miles and about nine or ten hours, and when I got home my phone still had 65% charge, and the unit had 80%.(  iPhone 12 if you're wondering).

I really have nothing bad to say about it.

Hope this helps.  :031:

Offline orange99

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Edenbridge, Kent
Reply #2 on: 23 November, 2021, 09:09:38 AM
*Originally Posted by Grouchybastard [+]
Santa brought me one last year.  :047:  I like it a lot, and once you get used to just an arrow pointing the way, it's easy peasy.

Route planning on the app can be a bit time consuming if you're making lots of route changes, but I like how you can customize your route if you want. And if you just want to go for a spin not using route guidance, it will keep track of your ride's route, time, and distance traveled.

My biggest concern was battery life for the phone and the unit. That has not been an issue at all. My longest ride last summer was 300 miles and about nine or ten hours, and when I got home my phone still had 65% charge, and the unit had 80%.(  iPhone 12 if you're wondering).

I really have nothing bad to say about it.

Hope this helps.  :031:

My son has recently fitted one and likes it a lot - for the route planning I usually build them and send him the GPX file which he uploads.

I'm using Tyre - https://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index_.php - at the moment but there are plenty of options out there
TDM 900 (Commuting duties) and a 2018 Tiger Sport.  Orange Tiger 1050  - gone but not forgotten.........also in the past a 900 Sprint and 955 Tiger. Just added an XJR1300 to the stable............

Offline Fearny

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport 1050
  • City / Town: Thrybergh
Reply #3 on: 23 November, 2021, 11:13:31 AM
Thanks Guys :028:

Offline sax_000

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE '12
  • City / Town: Sydney
Reply #4 on: 23 November, 2021, 08:21:14 PM

+1 for Tyre, I've been using it for years (15?).  Really easy to use.