Author Topic: New member from Nor Cal  (Read 493 times)

Offline AlohaSmitty

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 08 Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Elk Grove
New member from Nor Cal
on: 28 October, 2021, 01:13:00 AM
I have had this bike for about 4 months and love it so far :152: 08 Tiger 1050 with Remus Powercone , Wilbers 641 rear shock and Wilbers front springs (lowered 40mil frt+rear) Did a track day on it last month , had a blast. Found out pegs scrape a bit (need to get my fat [censored] of the seat)

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Re: New member from Nor Cal
Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2021, 02:17:12 AM
 :405:

When I touched the pegs down the coach mentioned, yes get your ass off the seat. More importantly was to get my face by the mirror and chest off the center line. So whole body over. 
Getting to that point caused another purchase of a track bike.  Best thing since sex, and if your over 30 just about a guarantee.

Sticky's top of each section. Need something ask, a bunch of motorcycle loving nuts around here.   :305:

OH, well done on bagging the fastest color. 
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2021, 11:52:02 AM

Lowering 40mm will definitely give ground clearance issues when pushed hard, especially on the track. Was the lowering done with link plates and sliding the fork tubes up the triple clamps or with a custom shorter rear shock and fork internals?

Offline AlohaSmitty

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 08 Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Elk Grove
Reply #3 on: 28 October, 2021, 01:38:08 PM
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]

Lowering 40mm will definitely give ground clearance issues when pushed hard, especially on the track. Was the lowering done with link plates and sliding the fork tubes up the triple clamps or with a custom shorter rear shock and fork internals?
The lowering was done with link plates and sliding the fork tubes up.  :001:I'm short rider and the bike was bought from a guys of the same height so I don't mind too much. My previous daily rider was a 08 Aprilia Tuono Factory and the pegs on that were never going to touch unless I was crashing it   :087:

reconstruction