Author Topic: I have an itch & FOR SALE  (Read 1602 times)

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
I have an itch & FOR SALE
on: 25 October, 2021, 12:38:57 PM
And I'm thinking of scratching it with an Aprilia 1200 capo... apologies for using the "A" word..  :007:

I always think it's odd advertising a particular bike on a site where everyone already owns one.. but there may be someone who's mate is looking or in this case someone looking to move from a 1050 to a sport.

Generally, it's all in very good condition, some paint peeling under the bottom of the engine, other than this there are no dents or scratches.

You all know my bike, the mods and work are well documented here, it's a 14 plate with 28k miles (I'll check this because I've just done the France trip) It was last serviced by a motorcycle garage but not triumph. Service is due if you go by the time span, it has only done around 4k miles since last service which included plugs, air filter, all fluids. Forks were serviced by Brooks suspension, which included new springs and K-tech valves (not the full cartridges)

Linkage has had regular service, as has the rear hub, again, all documented here.

It's lowered but I have the existing plates.

It comes with my infamous flashing lights but they have been wired in such a way that removing is a 15 minute job..

I'll be leaving the Givi topbox rack and pannier rack and price will include either the Givi weightless panniers or the trekker33 paniers, includes the givi inner bags. Buyers choice

Here's the list of mods

I'd like to think what I have done makes life easier, safer and more comfortable on long tours.

SS calliper Bolts

Scott oiler (on when I bought the bike)

Radiator & Oil cooler guards (the expensive ones)

Denali Light Bracket and auxiliary lights (lights aren't Denali but they aren't cheap Chinese ones either)

Auxiliary Fuse Box.

Hand Guards.

Mirror extenders (out of my parts bin)

Heated Grips. (on when I bought the bike)

Powerbronze tinted Touring Screen.

Palmer Products Screen Bracket, wind baffle & **Accessory Bar.

Tomtom Docking.

Voltmeter

Heed Engine Protection Bars.

Remus Can (From a member on here)

Denali Sound Bomb Horn.

YSS Rear Shock with Remote Reservoir.

PowerBronze Rear Hugger

Givi Quick Release Pannier Frame (Tool Tube attached)

Givi Rear Rack

Givi Trekker33 Paniers or Givi Weightless 900 Panniers. Buyers choice.

Spare, re shaped seat.

Palmer gear shift.

If I remember anything else I'll add it to the list.

Please ask any questions on here or pm me for my mobile number if you want to chat about anything..

Looking for 5600.00 inc all above mods..

Dirty photo..

Last Edit: 25 October, 2021, 04:14:45 PM by af1-windy

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Re: I have an itch & FOR SALE
Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2021, 05:00:45 PM
OK, before I PX my bike would anyone be interested at 5400 including all the extras, luggage etc.  :084:

I've been offered a deal on a 1200 explorer and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for it.  :028:

:031: windy

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2021, 05:47:07 PM
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
OK, before I PX my bike would anyone be interested at 5400 including all the extras, luggage etc.  :084:

I've been offered a deal on a 1200 explorer and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for it.  :028:

Indy!!!!!!  :192:
Once upon a time...I had 2 Explorers, the Trophy 1215 and a Tiger 1200 XRx but in the end my feeling was that the 1050 engine beats the 1215 on all counts.
That is why I decided that my 2008 Sprint ST and 2020 Tiger Sport are keepers.
Triumph centerstand/engine guards/heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack/DLM36 panniers, SR6404 top rack with M9B plate, WL901/DLM30/V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator&oilcooler guards, Pyramid ExtendaFenda/hugger extension, Puig touring Screen & spoiler, Zumo XT with Touratech lockable mount, Osco chain oiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch/ brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Micks 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini3 volt/temp/time & LED blinker

Offline bazthebike

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: ts 2016 silver
  • City / Town: southwest
Reply #3 on: 29 October, 2021, 09:54:23 AM
Hi, just looking on here for some unknown reason as i own an explorer and tiger 900gt and note your considering a capo 1200 !. I owned a capo 1200 for 20 months and did about 14000 miles with it. I think you would be very dissapointed if you choose that over a triumph. personally the capo is horrible, lights are terrible, fuel gauge weird, clutch is very heavy, and there are other issues. When i was a forum member one guy had coolant seeping through cylinder walls ! Aprilia capo sales in uk were very poor and bike was discontinued after 3 years. I went through triumph route, tiger 800, 1050 tiger sport, explorer, and tiger 900gt.

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 29 October, 2021, 09:55:17 AM
*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]
Indy!!!!!!  :192:
Once upon a time...I had 2 Explorers, the Trophy 1215 and a Tiger 1200 XRx but in the end my feeling was that the 1050 engine beats the 1215 on all counts.
That is why I decided that my 2008 Sprint ST and 2020 Tiger Sport are keepers.

Hi mustang, I'm interested in what makes you like the 1050 engine over the 1200..   :031:, windy  👍😁

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 29 October, 2021, 10:25:31 AM
*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]
Hi, just looking on here for some unknown reason as i own an explorer and tiger 900gt and note your considering a capo 1200 !. I owned a capo 1200 for 20 months and did about 14000 miles with it. I think you would be very dissapointed if you choose that over a triumph. personally the capo is horrible, lights are terrible, fuel gauge weird, clutch is very heavy, and there are other issues. When i was a forum member one guy had coolant seeping through cylinder walls ! Aprilia capo sales in uk were very poor and bike was discontinued after 3 years. I went through triumph route, tiger 800, 1050 tiger sport, explorer, and tiger 900gt.

This is exactly the feed back I needed. Thank you.  :028:

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
Reply #6 on: 29 October, 2021, 11:21:56 AM
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
Hi mustang, I'm interested in what makes you like the 1050 engine over the 1200..   :031:, windy  👍😁
Martin, the attached word doc was made in 2019 and just before I changed back to the 1050 engine in 2020 with my current Tiger Sport. Beginning this year the 2008 Sprint ST 1050 was added.

Triumph centerstand/engine guards/heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack/DLM36 panniers, SR6404 top rack with M9B plate, WL901/DLM30/V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator&oilcooler guards, Pyramid ExtendaFenda/hugger extension, Puig touring Screen & spoiler, Zumo XT with Touratech lockable mount, Osco chain oiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch/ brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Micks 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini3 volt/temp/time & LED blinker

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: 29 October, 2021, 12:52:07 PM
*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]
Martin, the attached word doc was made in 2019 and just before I changed back to the 1050 engine in 2020 with my current Tiger Sport. Beginning this year the 2008 Sprint ST 1050 was added.

Thanks Mustang, the more info the better, it all helps to make an informed decision. End of the day though, you pays your money and see how it goes..  :008:

I've read enough now, time for some action. After work tomorrow I'm going to look at a 2017 XRt, if it's nice as they say it is and the deal holds on the PX I'm 99% sure I'll hit the button on it..  :001:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Banbury
Reply #8 on: 29 October, 2021, 01:15:59 PM
Will you keep the luggage for the TEX or leave it on the bike if you part ex?
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE, 2019 Tiger Sport .... got there in the end.

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #9 on: 29 October, 2021, 03:28:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
Will you keep the luggage for the TEX or leave it on the bike if you part ex?

The Tex has luggage but I have agreed to leave some on mine. I do have 2 sets of panniers, the Trekker33's and the Givi Weightless..  are you looking for some?  :084: