Author Topic: Multi bike insurance  (Read 350 times)

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 16 Sport, '21 1290SAS
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Multi bike insurance
on: 06 September, 2021, 05:24:40 PM
Anyone know who is doing the best deals at the moment?
Already shaved 200 quid off the extortionate Bennets renewal.
MCE looking the best so far and still waiting for the quote from Adrian Flux. Problem is how  :172: much time it takes on the phone. Any one else I should try (or avoid)?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: Multi bike insurance
Reply #1 on: 06 September, 2021, 06:54:43 PM
They're all only brokers, afaik there is no bike insurance company we can deal with direct, unlike our cars. They all have access to the same underwriters, so shouldn't be any difference, just some try it on more than others.

They take us on at low price, then double it on renewal. I've been with Bemoto for the past 4 years with both my trumpies, they haven't hoisted it........yet. They are ex Bennetts people who left to start up their own brokers when Saga bought out Bennetts. Ardonagh was supposed to buy Bennetts last year but monopolies blocked it, they already own several of the big brokers, including CN.

Trouble with a multi bike policy is, we only ever have one NCD, I keep my traillie with Devitts building up a full NCD so I could split the trumpies. Cheaper that way if we have 2 NCD's.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 16 Sport, '21 1290SAS
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Reply #2 on: 06 September, 2021, 10:00:39 PM
Yeah should probably look at separating them. I always joked that the best security for the Tiger is to park next to a GS.

And TBH that NCB is worth sod all. I had an off in 2010 which was deemed "at fault" because they could not recover the cost from anyone when I hit diesel on my Fazer. The next year my car insurance more than tripled. When I queried and pointed out my 10 years + NCB they told me that they had given me my no claims discount on that policy - but the underwriters decided to move me into a higher risk category because their computer told them I had a claim on a different policy. They even tried to up my wife's premium because I was a named driver for her car  :087:

Needless to say I now politely decline to pay extra for protected NCB because at the end of the day if you have to claim for anything anywhere you are screwed for the next 5 years. And no way to hide it because their computer systems are all linked.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #3 on: 07 September, 2021, 08:09:38 AM
Ha, they get us all ways around eh. I had same after my ST955 was written off in 2010, then my traillie got stolen in 2013, all our policies went up, but not by a huge amount. Trouble is, it was on both our cars, my ST1050 & my replacement traillie, so 150'ish more in total. Not too painful, if it didn't go on for 5 years.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.