Author Topic: Givi Panniers - Monokey Side  (Read 571 times)

Offline hightower81

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Reading
Givi Panniers - Monokey Side
on: 14 July, 2021, 10:29:34 AM
Hi all,

So after some extensive research, I decided to go with the v56 Maxia 4 top-case. This means that when I take my partner out, we have plenty of space in the top box for both crash hats.... However, I have been doing some research on panniers and racks, and have settled once again for Givi, however the rack I need PLR6404 doesn't seem compatible with the panniers I really really want! The panniers I am looking at are:-

https://www.givi.co.uk/givi-products/side-hardbags/monokey-side

The ones I really would like to use are the V37 or V37 Tech. However these are only compatible with the PLX and PLXR racks.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of kit, or aftermarket adapters that will allow them to be installed on the PLR6404 racks? Or am I being too optimistic?!

Thanks

Ian

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
Re: Givi Panniers - Monokey Side
Reply #1 on: 14 July, 2021, 12:03:20 PM
Ian, there are no adapters for monokey-side lock panniers like V35-V37 for the PLR6404 rack because the monokey-side rack has a complete different shape with a bend.
But the WL900 panniers are light and will fit.
The panniers on my S3 were ST601 also with the side lock system and no longer available.

Last Edit: 14 July, 2021, 12:14:45 PM by mustangpilot
Triumph centerstand/engine guards/heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack/DLM36 panniers, SR6404 top rack with M9B plate, WL901/DLM30/V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator&oilcooler guards, Pyramid ExtendaFenda/hugger extension, Puig touring Screen & spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount, Osco chainoiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch/ brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Micks 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini3 volt/temp/time & LED blinkers

Offline hightower81

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 14 July, 2021, 12:34:50 PM
Thanks for the reply mustang, I thought it was just some connectors that were different but what youíre saying makes sense now!

I have to admit, the weightless panniers look really good now. I think that might be the way forward for me, I want to stick with givi all round if I can as Iím loving the top box so far!

Thanks for the quick response

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Reply #3 on: 15 July, 2021, 03:19:15 PM
*Originally Posted by hightower81 [+]
Thanks for the reply mustang, I thought it was just some connectors that were different but what youíre saying makes sense now!

I have to admit, the weightless panniers look really good now. I think that might be the way forward for me, I want to stick with givi all round if I can as Iím loving the top box so far!

Thanks for the quick response

A few photos of the light weights..

Offline hightower81

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 16 July, 2021, 07:00:47 AM
Very nice. Thatís changed my mind now after seeing both of your setups, hopefully Iíll be getting the bracket and panniers in the next few weeks.

Thank you both for sharing what you have