Author Topic: Headlight crashed  (Read 1116 times)

Offline TigerTomCH

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Model 2011
  • City / Town: Solothurn
Headlight crashed
on: 09 July, 2021, 12:21:11 PM
Hi there, I crashed my front plus my headlight  of my Tiger 1050 - Model 2011 - nothing serious though, but I tried to get a new headlight and checking the spart parts list, I came accross T2708000 as the part I am looking for. Unfortunately not available anymore, but when I checked pictures to verify, the headlight looks definetly different to the ones I have installed- see picture! So - what is the acutal (correct) part number? - or has anybody by chance the knowledge where I can get one?
Thanks a million for any helpful feedback. I want to get back on the road again asap....

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Headlight crashed
Reply #1 on: 09 July, 2021, 12:47:48 PM
 :405: TigerTom,
yes they no longer make the headlight assy for the Tiger 1050, 2007 to 2012.
the only ones you can get from Triumph Parts suppliers are the Headlight assy for the Tiger Sport 1050 which is the same shape & fits in the same hole in the fairing but is significantly better than the old Projector type.
there are normally a few second hand ones come up on ebay or if you have a motorcycle breakers near you, try there.
Good luck with your search or if you are good with electrics fit a set of Sport lights  :152:

:031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE, 2019 Tiger Sport .... got there in the end.

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Reply #2 on: 09 July, 2021, 01:41:54 PM
*Originally Posted by TigerTomCH [+]
Hi there, I crashed my front plus my headlight  of my Tiger 1050 - Model 2011 - nothing serious though, but I tried to get a new headlight and checking the spart parts list, I came accross T2708000 as the part I am looking for. Unfortunately not available anymore, but when I checked pictures to verify, the headlight looks definetly different to the ones I have installed- see picture! So - what is the acutal (correct) part number? - or has anybody by chance the knowledge where I can get one?
Thanks a million for any helpful feedback. I want to get back on the road again asap....

That part number is for the "symmetrical dip" version. We get that one in the US. Would part number T2708002 be an alternative choice? It appears to be used in countries that drive on the right side of the road. T2708001 looks to be for countries that use the wrong (sorry  :150:) left side.

If you go for the Sport headlight pictured, it will not be a "plug and play" replacement. Some alterations to the wiring will be required. There is some info on this if you do a search on the subject.
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2021, 01:45:30 PM
It's true that installing a Sport headlight involves a bit of extra wiring, but the trouble is well worth it. You get a headlight that actually works at night!

Offline TigerTomCH

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Model 2011
  • City / Town: Solothurn
Headlight crashed
Reply #4 on: 09 July, 2021, 02:01:38 PM
Brilliant - thanks - I got already the part number - believe it is T2709018 and search now for the upgrade to do. Crashing headlights can get expensive...

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Reply #5 on: 09 July, 2021, 09:41:45 PM
Just a note to warn that there's no official Triumph upgrade as such that you can do. The Sport headlamp is an unofficial upgrade - it will actually fit straight in to your bike, apart from hacksawing off one small plastic tab.

But you will need to modify the wiring to feed 2 lights on dip and 2 lights on main, which means you need a relay and some wiring. If you're good with electrics you can do this yourself. If not, it's probably best to hire an auto electrician to wire it in once you've fitted the headlamp in position, or better still get the relay and wiring in position before you fit the headlamp.

Good luck.

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Suwanee, GA
Reply #6 on: 10 July, 2021, 02:34:19 AM
Hacksaw nothing, be gentle with a heat gun and finesse it. Strive for the OEM look and fit. It's a nice project and easily within high school electrics scope. 

Offline Mikesmetoo

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE '09
  • City / Town: Maidenhead
Reply #7 on: 26 October, 2021, 12:44:47 PM
I had an MOT fail on the headlight (someone had put a T2708002 on and swapped the dip / beam projectors around. Dip still glares into oncoming traffic. Does anyone know if this mod would suit a UK bike by adjusting the beam or something? I assume (and pray) so!