Author Topic: Okay, I give up! 2007 stock except TOR exhaust. Which map?  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Gordonton
Re: Okay, I give up! 2007 stock except TOR exhaust. Which map?
Reply #10 on: 27 June, 2021, 06:17:52 AM
What has to be remembered about the 12 min adaptation is that it only works within a preset range of parameters. Outside that you need to remap then do the 12 min adaptation to help fine tune it all
07 Tiger 1050, K&N Air Filter, Snorkel Removed, Stock Exhaust, 20543 Map, NGK Iridium Plugs, Ricks R/R, Ohlins Rear Shock, Ohlins Front Springs, Bar End Mirrors, Leather Seat Cover, Ebay Levers, Ebay Risers, Custom Bars.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Reply #11 on: 27 June, 2021, 08:14:58 AM
*Originally Posted by Ralph [+]
Thanks for the comments.
I now have an android phone, the TuneECU app and the appropriate lead. 
I also have a grandson staying over, which means Iíll have to wait a day or two before I can sort the adaptions and test it out.
Iíll report back with my findings.
Cheers
Ralph

Do you not have a Laptop Windows PC to use?

Sooooo much easier to see and manage what's going on  :152:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Gordonton
Reply #12 on: 27 June, 2021, 08:33:19 AM
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Do you not have a Laptop Windows PC to use?

Sooooo much easier to see and manage what's going on  :152:

Interesting, up until recently I've only used the PC version, last time I used it I had real issue's getting it to connect to the ECU (its always taken a few goes, but this was hopeless), so I tried the Android version for the first time, I'd purchased it age's ago but never used it and I wouldn't go back now. Connects first go and I found navigating it to be a doddle.
07 Tiger 1050, K&N Air Filter, Snorkel Removed, Stock Exhaust, 20543 Map, NGK Iridium Plugs, Ricks R/R, Ohlins Rear Shock, Ohlins Front Springs, Bar End Mirrors, Leather Seat Cover, Ebay Levers, Ebay Risers, Custom Bars.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
Reply #13 on: 27 June, 2021, 08:38:38 AM
*Originally Posted by Cloudy [+]
Interesting, up until recently I've only used the PC version, last time I used it I had real issue's getting it to connect to the ECU (its always taken a few goes, but this was hopeless), so I tried the Android version for the first time, I'd purchased it age's ago but never used it and I wouldn't go back now. Connects first go and I found navigating it to be a doddle.

Good to hear. I hated the Andriod interface until I put it onto a tablet. Path of least resistance is a always the way to go  :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Ralph

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger
  • City / Town: Great Yarmouth
Reply #14 on: 27 June, 2021, 10:49:07 AM
Iím afraid Iím all Apple, so no PC or Android phone.  Fortunately my brother hates apple and has several old phones. 👍

Offline Ralph

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #15 on: 03 July, 2021, 05:44:57 PM
So, hereís the update:

1. I did the 12 minute adaption
2. I did a forced Ďreset adaptioní using Tine ECU
3. Took the bike for a ride.

Result: it was awful. It felt Ďheavyí and slow. At 50 mph it kept stuttering and it stalled several times when I tried to pull away.  Not good.

4. Decided to try something very different and loaded Dave73ís map, reset adaption, 12 minutes.
5. Took bike for a ride.

Result:  Low speed snatch was gone, nice pops on the over run, but it felt hesitant and slightly uncomfortable (difficult to describe). Still not good.

6. Downloaded 20549 Map and reinstalled. Forced adaption and 12 mins.
7. Took bike for a ride.

Result:  Woohoo, no snatch, runs smooth, no stutter, no hesitation. Big smiles.

This seems strange as 20549 was the map I started with. The only thing I can assume is that it is better to install the map after fitting the can, rather than before, and that the reset adaptions caused some form of glitch.

My only problem now is the fact that I decided to recalibrate the speedo and have done it in the wrong direction!  It now reads 75 when Iím only doing 65 :138:

Thatís a simple fix though.

All in all, a good experience.

Offline JohnnyWheels

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger SE (red)
  • City / Town: Jackson, Mississippi
Reply #16 on: 03 July, 2021, 06:07:56 PM
It's possible that the original 20549 map had been altered by the previous owner. It would still show up in Tune ECU as a 20549 map and unless you could compare it to an untouched version you'd have no way of knowing it had been altered.

Congrats on the success!
-----------------------------------------------------
2012 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Ralph

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #17 on: 03 July, 2021, 09:23:44 PM
I had it installed by the Triumph dealer a few months ago, before I bought the exhaust.

Itís a mystery, but at least itís now sorted.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
Reply #18 on: 04 July, 2021, 10:10:14 AM
*Originally Posted by Ralph [+]
This seems strange as 20549 was the map I started with. The only thing I can assume is that it is better to install the map after fitting the can, rather than before, and that the reset adaptions caused some form of glitch.

After 35 or so years working in IT - Nothing to see here. Move along...........  :164:

reconstruction