Author Topic: Greetings from Las Vegas  (Read 748 times)

Offline fob99705

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
Re: Greetings from Las Vegas
Reply #10 on: 20 June, 2021, 11:32:08 PM
Pic

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Reply #11 on: 21 June, 2021, 11:40:28 AM
*Originally Posted by fob99705 [+]
Thank you Paullie for taking your time to help me out.  You are righ- I think they did the way you thought.

I have a available keyed hot lead.  Can I hook the positive end coming out  of the relay to that?  And then where would I attach the negative lead coming out of the relay- to the negative terminal of the battery?  This would accomplish what you suggested right? 

If I do that what size fuse should I put in the inline fuse box (hot lead coming out of relay)?
Negative lead always to battery, or to earth point on top of engine behind cylinders. The frame on these bikes is not used for electrical connections (because it's aluminium and you can get corrosion at the connectors).

If the fuse is only for the relay, should need only the minimum size, 3A should suffice (maybe even 1A). If however for the switched side (the lights), then will need to be larger, but I'd suggest try 8A, or 10A if that fails. But 15A is very large, and puts too much stress on existing loom, IMO.

I'd be happier with completely separate wires to the switched side of the relay (the feed to the lights) - heavier grade wires will give a noticeable boost to the lights. And a suitable fuse of course.

Offline varnerju

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2008 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Holland, MI
Reply #12 on: 23 June, 2021, 06:16:17 PM
 :405:
Looks like you got a good one, and are already getting familiar with it.

What kind of rubber is on there? Almost looks like the rear went to the dark side (car tire).

Offline fob99705

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #13 on: 25 June, 2021, 02:35:22 AM
The tires are Pirelli MT60 RS.  they actually ride really well on the road.  Havenít test it tin the rain (las Vegas weather :)).  Donít notice any noise.  Much better than the Shinko 705 on the Vstrom that I just moved on from. 

Offline fob99705

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: 03 July, 2021, 11:04:48 PM
Report:   Got the auxiliary  lights sorted.  Got the USB port working again(inline fuse
Box was missing a fuse)

Installed GIPRO  gear indicator- easy and works well.

Question:  how do I go about getting TuneECU now that they no longer have the Windows version.  Is there a special cable for Android platform?  Where would I get the cable from?