Author Topic: Trip to French, Italian and Swiss Alpes  (Read 976 times)

Online mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
Trip to French, Italian and Swiss Alpes
on: 16 June, 2021, 07:16:57 PM
All set for a 2000 miles/3600km 11 day trip to the Alpes starting 27th with 3 mates on a Yamaha MT-10, Yamaha FZ10, Suzuki DL650 and me on my Tiger Sport. We will cross Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, France and Italy.  We all had our Covid shots so most of the Covid restrictions are no longer required for our group.
While selecting hotels along the selected route, I noticed that availabilty is reduced and prices have gone up.
We did the same trip in June 2018 when the conditions were mostly very wet and sometimes bloody cold. Now hoping for better!
My Sport is ready with fresh Bridgestone T32's and 20.000km service done last week.

Last Edit: 16 June, 2021, 09:18:54 PM by mustangpilot
Triumph centerstand/engine guards/heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack/DLM36 panniers, SR6404 top rack with M9B plate, WL901/DLM30/V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator&oilcooler guards, Pyramid ExtendaFenda/hugger extension, Puig touring Screen & spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount, Osco chainoiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch/ brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Micks 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini3 volt/temp/time & LED blinkers

Offline RichyB

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Droitwich
Re: Trip to French, Italian and Swiss Alpes
Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2021, 08:50:02 PM
so forgive my ignorance, as I have barely looked, but can i and the wife - both fully vaxxed - just climb on the bike and in theory go into into Europe? What about the returning quarantine?!

Online mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2021, 09:17:21 PM
*Originally Posted by RichyB [+]
so forgive my ignorance, as I have barely looked, but can i and the wife - both fully vaxxed - just climb on the bike and in theory go into into Europe? What about the returning quarantine?!
Sorry mate. Blame Brexit and the Delta variant. It is possible but travellers from UK into EU may face some additional restrictions.
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/jun/16/uk-excluded-from-eus-covid-safe-travel-list
Triumph centerstand/engine guards/heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack/DLM36 panniers, SR6404 top rack with M9B plate, WL901/DLM30/V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator&oilcooler guards, Pyramid ExtendaFenda/hugger extension, Puig touring Screen & spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount, Osco chainoiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch/ brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Micks 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini3 volt/temp/time & LED blinkers

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Reply #3 on: 16 June, 2021, 09:19:41 PM

Err what he said, just about to post and his popped up  :008:

*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]
All set for a 2000 miles/3600km 11 day trip to the Alpes starting 27th with 3 mates on a Yamaha MT-10, Yamaha FZ10, Suzuki DL650 and me on my Tiger Sport. We will cross Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, France and Italy.  We all had our Covid shots so most of the Covid restrictions are no longer required for our group.
While selecting hotels along the selected route, I noticed that availabilty is reduced and prices have gone up.
We did the same trip in June 2018 when the conditions were mostly very wet and sometimes bloody cold. Now hoping for better!
My Sport is ready with fresh Bridgestone T32's and 20.000km service done last week.

Are they the latest Givi's? look good

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Reply #4 on: 17 June, 2021, 08:44:52 AM
If you're really lucky (but don't count on it), UK gov is currently considering dispensing with quarantine on return for UK travellers with both anti-Covid jabs to amber countries. If gov accepts it (and there's a lot of pressure in Parliament), then that would mean just the tests on return. But to be realistic, it may not happen in time for your trip ....  :191:

Online mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 17 June, 2021, 09:28:07 AM
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
Err what he said, just about to post and his popped up  :008:

Are they the latest Givi's? look good
Steve, the side panniers are GIVI Dolomiti DLM36 with the monokey side cam fixing. A new version appeared recently on the market which have the monokey fixings without the side cam.
The topbox is a DLM30 monokey type.

Offline RichyB

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Droitwich
Reply #6 on: 17 June, 2021, 10:32:02 AM
1) I failed to spot that MP was/is a 'foreign resident'... and 2) I'm flexible, I will go any time, once we are 'allowed'..

Online mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: 17 June, 2021, 06:35:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
If you're really lucky (but don't count on it), UK gov is currently considering dispensing with quarantine on return for UK travellers with both anti-Covid jabs to amber countries. If gov accepts it (and there's a lot of pressure in Parliament), then that would mean just the tests on return. But to be realistic, it may not happen in time for your trip ....  :191:
FWIW due to Covid travel restrictions I had to cancel a 12 day trip to Scotland with my son both on our Sprint ST 1050's. Planned start was July 9th. Same happened last year  :172:

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Reply #8 on: 17 June, 2021, 07:17:52 PM
*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]
FWIW due to Covid travel restrictions I had to cancel a 12 day trip to Scotland with my son both on our Sprint ST 1050's. Planned start was July 9th. Same happened last year  :172:

Is that next month?
Friend of mine is going up to Scotland next week

Online mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #9 on: 17 June, 2021, 07:37:10 PM
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
Is that next month?
Friend of mine is going up to Scotland next week
Yes it was planned for next month! But Covid travel regulations for EU citizens to/from UK are still restrictive  :087:  Coming back to EU isolation and pcr test :138:
Last Edit: 17 June, 2021, 07:53:46 PM by mustangpilot