Author Topic: Oxford branch TOMCC hosted a great day out on Sat 12th June 2021  (Read 445 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Oxford branch TOMCC hosted a superb day out on Saturday 12th June. Advertised as a Hog Roast, the day was much more, including a fantastic ride-out over the downs to the south of Wantage, a shiny-bike and rusty-bike competition, raffle and the roast itself.  :152:

Hanney Royal British Legion (the branch HQ) is a lovely spot, and fine weather, beer or soft drinks and the company of like-minded folk made for a grand day out. Probably the crowning achievement of the day was the arrival of the steam traction engine, which duly threatened to flatten all the non-Triumph bikes in the car park. Something about the smell of oil on hot machinery, not to mention turning a kid loose on the steam whistle, added that indefinable extra to the event.

I had a great time, thank you all, and will try to put together a (probably not very good) video of the ride-out in due course.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Topic Author
And a video from the ride-out. A bit amateurish I'm afraid, but I'm no expert. Oh, and the resolution - well, I should have cleaned the camera lens before setting out ....  :138:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Banbury
Good one Paullie, music over the top too, better than my attempts  :152:
those 2 leading werent hanging about.. some lovely scenery too
where have you got the camera mounted?
i wanted to go saturday as the Oxford branch is my local club but other family things got in the way unfortunately  :003:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE, 2019 Tiger Sport .... got there in the end.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
A grand day for it & good run out. Countryside dahn sahf anorl.  :028:
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Topic Author
Thanks, the camera is just below the headlight, so not ideal position wise for an action video. And I forget it's there, so don't think about lens cleaning ...

It really was an exceptional day out - the downs to the south of there are beautiful and on that road you see them. And those two lead riders on the Speed Twins surprised me, they could walk away from me at lights with the torque they had, that and being local so they knew the roads.

But I had to watch out on my Tiger - those twins must have terrific engine braking! Couple of times I found myself coming up behind them at a great rate of knots without realising they were slowing down - they didn't need to brake, just shut the throttle!  :033:
Last Edit: 14 June, 2021, 05:12:56 PM by Paullie

reconstruction