Author Topic: hi all from Kent !  (Read 968 times)

Offline RichyB

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Droitwich
Re: hi all from Kent !
Reply #10 on: 06 June, 2021, 09:09:27 PM
Bike looks clean and - lucky you! You got a centre stand! Had mine three weeks now, done just over a thou since I had it, going in for its 500 miler later this week... I ordered a Triumph centre stand for fitment at the first service, apparently Triumph don't have one and it is now not stocked. None in the dealer network. Ordered a Motech equivalent and it could be a while before it is delivered, so its the old trolley jack under the rear end to get the wheel up for cleaning.
I am a tad shorter than you - seat height is borderline acceptable. Fine 95% of the time, but it is the 5% that catches you out  :087:
I have had side panels off and all sorts messing with it and I haven't found any issues with the fixings.

Enjoy the bike!

Online tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Reply #11 on: 06 June, 2021, 09:32:52 PM
*Originally Posted by RichyB [+]
Bike looks clean and - lucky you! You got a centre stand! Had mine three weeks now, done just over a thou since I had it, going in for its 500 miler later this week... I ordered a Triumph centre stand for fitment at the first service, apparently Triumph don't have one and it is now not stocked. None in the dealer network. Ordered a Motech equivalent and it could be a while before it is delivered, so its the old trolley jack under the rear end to get the wheel up for cleaning.

Enjoy the bike!

End of the line I'm afraid, that comment proves it,

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
Reply #12 on: 07 June, 2021, 11:41:53 AM
Any recommendations on the best place to go for work etc down south , I'd rather visit a home triumph mechanic than a dealership but will go with any recommendations :)

Hi,  I am in St Leonards, near Hastings also with a Silver TS...great bike.

My son was a Triumph/Honda mechanic working at JS Gedge, he has now changed work but happy to take on private services.

Let me know if interested
Other bikes: 2010 Street Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Husqvarna FE350 for green lanes, a Husqvarna 701 Enduro for TET and a Yamaha TDR250 for investment fun

reconstruction