Author Topic: Shoei SKID LIDS  (Read 1972 times)

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 16 Sport, '21 1290SAS
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Shoei SKID LIDS
Reply #20 on: 27 May, 2021, 12:00:17 PM
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
I also went from a Qwest to GT Air and its noticeably tighter.
More importantly it was noisy as **** on the Tiger but great on my last bike (Sprint GT) so I have 2 almost unused in my garage. I will bin them if they don't work with my next bike
The Hornet ADV works really well for me on the Tiger, quietest of the lot and no turbulence or lift from the peak, even though it doesn't look like that should be the case.
I do fancy a flip up. Couldn't bring myself to fork out the cash when I have 3 good (expensive) Shoeis in the garage. As I also has a Shoei shaped head its likely to be a Neotech, although I have heard good things about the HJC and (as I am told) apparently similar fit / shape to the Shoei.
Amazing how big the effect of tiny differences is on noise. Been using the Hornet on the KTM and its very slightly noiser than on the Tiger (with full winter screen and deflector). Yesterday I popped on one of the GT Airs and it was whisper quiet. There goes my theory that it was because its designed for a sports bike.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Online tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: Shoei SKID LIDS
Reply #21 on: 27 May, 2021, 07:31:54 PM
 "Yesterday I popped on one of the GT Airs and it was whisper quiet. There goes my theory that it was because its designed for a sports bike."

I believe the GT Air is not designed for sportsbikes it's a touring helmet, shell is similar to the Neotec with a fixed chin