Author Topic: Hello from Cincinnati Ohio!  (Read 773 times)

Offline varnerju

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2008 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Holland, MI
Re: Hello from Cincinnati Ohio!
Reply #10 on: 10 May, 2021, 03:51:45 PM
Welcome!
 :405:
It is nice to see a new convert to the Triumph Triple so close to my neck of the woods. In fact, this weekend the wife and I were planning to be on the motorcycle closer to your stomping grounds. The weather had other ideas, and my starting hub had other ideas, so we ended up caging it. First time visiting that area, and we enjoyed the AMA museum and got close to Hocking Hills for a hike. We will definitely be back. You have some great riding in your area. I look forward to hearing your ride reports and stealing your ideas!

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Reply #11 on: 10 May, 2021, 08:58:33 PM
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
I would be very wary of buying this, unless you have already done so yourself. It's a blatant copy of the official printed Triumph service manual, that's obvious. But there's no name on the checkout form, no guarantee at all that this isn't some kind of online scam.

So, either they're selling an illegal copy, which is taking money away from Triumph, and writing proper manuals does cost a lot of money because you have to pay skilled people for their time.
Or it's simply a scam, in which case you the buyer will find yourself ripped off to the tune of $20 (and you'll deserve it).

Either way it's criminal activity and I wouldn't do it. The official manual costs around £80 (or it did) from your official Triumph dealer, and I think it's worth every penny. I recently bought a Haynes manual for my old Guzzi - I thought Haynes used to be good, but this one is a pile of inaccurate rubbish.

This site has been in business for years, at least since 2014.The free PDF download of the Triumph 07-12 Tiger 1050 manual has been discussed here even longer  I do have the original Triumph issue of the Tiger service manual (purchased in '08), but have purchased two manuals from this seller  :044:. One for the '13+ Street Triple/Daytona and one for a Ducati S2R1000 Monster. The Triumph one had good print quality and a full color wiring schematic just like the factory issued one. Ducati did not offer a printed manual for the S2R, just a very expensive digital version that covered several models in addition to the Monster. The Ducati reprint was black and white, not full color like the digital version. Pictures in it were not very clear.  The Triumph issued manual sells for $120 here in the USA if you can find one.  It appears to be backordered or out of print.
Last Edit: 10 May, 2021, 09:43:09 PM by gosling 1
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline OhioRider94

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Reply #12 on: 11 May, 2021, 12:35:35 AM
*Originally Posted by varnerju [+]
Welcome!
 :405:
It is nice to see a new convert to the Triumph Triple so close to my neck of the woods. In fact, this weekend the wife and I were planning to be on the motorcycle closer to your stomping grounds. The weather had other ideas, and my starting hub had other ideas, so we ended up caging it. First time visiting that area, and we enjoyed the AMA museum and got close to Hocking Hills for a hike. We will definitely be back. You have some great riding in your area. I look forward to hearing your ride reports and stealing your ideas!

Glad you liked the area! I love riding around the Hocking Hills area. Beautiful scenery. I try to stop by Ash Cave at least once a year. Eastern Ohio in general has some great roads, especially as you get close to West Virginia.
Ohio has more than cornfields, you know…

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
Reply #13 on: 11 May, 2021, 01:40:09 AM
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
This site has been in business for years, at least since 2014.The free PDF download of the Triumph 07-12 Tiger 1050 manual has been discussed here even longer  I do have the original Triumph issue of the Tiger service manual (purchased in '08), but have purchased two manuals from this seller  :044:. One for the '13+ Street Triple/Daytona and one for a Ducati S2R1000 Monster. The Triumph one had good print quality and a full color wiring schematic just like the factory issued one. Ducati did not offer a printed manual for the S2R, just a very expensive digital version that covered several models in addition to the Monster. The Ducati reprint was black and white, not full color like the digital version. Pictures in it were not very clear.  The Triumph issued manual sells for $120 here in the USA if you can find one.  It appears to be backordered or out of print.

+1.      :0461:  One for the Tiger, one for the V-strom, one for Honda.

BTW..... :405:    Nice find!