Author Topic: Hello From East Yorkshire  (Read 1760 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#10

Offline af1-windy

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 802
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
  • Country: england
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #10 on: 06 May, 2021, 02:05:25 PM
 :405: grumps.. not sure how anyone could be grumpy when you own a tiger, unless of course it's raining and you can't ride it..   :027:

Post up if you're heading to squires, I'm just down the road in Cross gates, Leeds..  :028:

 :031: windy

#11

Online seangee

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 2874
  • Bike/Model: 16 Sport, '21 1290SAS
  • City / Town: Bracknell
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #11 on: 06 May, 2021, 03:56:02 PM
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
not sure how anyone could be grumpy when you own a tiger, unless of course it's raining and you can't ride it..   :027:
 :031: windy
:401:
Please ignore Windy. Tigers work just fine in the rain - no need to do yourself out of a ride just cos its wet outside  :007:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

#12

Offline af1-windy

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 802
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
  • Country: england
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #12 on: 06 May, 2021, 04:10:24 PM
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
:401:
Please ignore Windy. Tigers work just fine in the rain - no need to do yourself out of a ride just cos its wet outside  :007:

OK, fair enough, they're pretty good in the wet, as I found out in Scotland last year.  :164: But you gotta admit, when you're all worked up for a ride the next day and you open the curtains and it's  :190: and wet, it does make you feel a tad grumpy..  :084: :156:
Last Edit: 06 May, 2021, 04:14:54 PM by af1-windy

#13

Online Paul2bikes

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 8983
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #13 on: 06 May, 2021, 04:25:43 PM
Grand day fer it today, 78 miles before the cold set in. I was top of Snake pass with hailstones bouncing off me helmet, same on Axe Edge & Cat & Fiddle. Then heavy rain for the last 1/2 hour to home. Gets a tad nippy when yer suit is covered in hailstones & temp is 3c up in th'ills.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

#14

Offline Paullie

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 5722
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #14 on: 07 May, 2021, 10:52:55 AM
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Grand day fer it today, 78 miles before the cold set in. I was top of Snake pass with hailstones bouncing off me helmet, same on Axe Edge & Cat & Fiddle. Then heavy rain for the last 1/2 hour to home. Gets a tad nippy when yer suit is covered in hailstones & temp is 3c up in th'ills.
Brrrr. This is what I call plain old masochism!   :125:  Could equally well get the whip out and flog me back to ribbons!

Or maybe just stay in the warm and have another cup of tea ......  :002:

#15

Online Paul2bikes

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 8983
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #15 on: 07 May, 2021, 03:16:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Brrrr. This is what I call plain old masochism!   :125:  Could equally well get the whip out and flog me back to ribbons!

Or maybe just stay in the warm and have another cup of tea ......  :002:

 :745: Certainly some strange weather, today 12c & sunny in Bakewell, 6c with hailstones in Buxton.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

#16

Offline Fearny

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 62
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport 1050
  • City / Town: Thrybergh
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #16 on: 07 May, 2021, 10:35:23 PM
I was out for a blast last sunday doing a  circular stopping off for a brew at squires decided to head home down A1, with storm chasing my [censored], i could have rode away but thought sod it im on a tiger. Bike was due a good clean away. I did forget to switch rain mode thou :138:

#17

Online seangee

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 2874
  • Bike/Model: 16 Sport, '21 1290SAS
  • City / Town: Bracknell
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #17 on: 08 May, 2021, 01:38:18 PM
50 mile blast up the motorway to Abingdon in biblical conditions this morning. Then an hour of undiluted fun on Oxfordshire's country lanes and bridle paths knowing I was on someone else's bike and could get it dirty as I liked  :007:
Then back on the Tiger and came back home the long way :015: as the rain had stopped.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

#18

Offline GrumpyBadger

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 4
  • Bike/Model: 2013 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: York
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #18 on: 08 May, 2021, 02:07:54 PM
Trip to Squires is a certainty, one of our favourite haunts when we're not going too far afield.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone  :001:

#19

Online Paul2bikes

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 8983
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
  • Country: gb
Re: Hello From East Yorkshire
Reply #19 on: 08 May, 2021, 02:10:24 PM
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
50 mile blast up the motorway to Abingdon in biblical conditions this morning. Then an hour of undiluted fun on Oxfordshire's country lanes and bridle paths knowing I was on someone else's bike and could get it dirty as I liked  :007:
Then back on the Tiger and came back home the long way :015: as the rain had stopped.

What's that about then?
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

 



reconstruction