Tiger 1050 - Main Discussion Section > Alarms, Immobilisers, and Security

Tiger Sport 1050 2016 - retrofit Triumph alarm system

(1/2) > >>

andyh1108:
Hi all

Looking for some guidance, maybe even a photo or two! Looking to retrofit the official alarm, I am guessing mine has the blanking plug right now.

Can someone tell me where the wiring plug is located and where the new alarm should be fitted ..... I thought it was under the seat but there does not look like there is any room there, hence a photo would be magic.

Also, will it just be plug n play or will programming be needed, I have TigerTool, will that do any necessary programming

Many thanks

Andy

Timbox:
Originally Posted by andyh1108 Hi all

Looking for some guidance, maybe even a photo or two! Looking to retrofit the official alarm, I am guessing mine has the blanking plug right now.

Can someone tell me where the wiring plug is located and where the new alarm should be fitted ..... I thought it was under the seat but there does not look like there is any room there, hence a photo would be magic.

Also, will it just be plug n play or will programming be needed, I have TigerTool, will that do any necessary programming

Many thanks

Andy

All I know is it fits up under the Mudguard ( The mudguard drops and there is a space for it in there). Oh and yes its a plain black plug with a bypass plug fitted to it which you just take out and plug the alarm in, It comes with a reed switch for the seat anti -tamper, dont think Dealer involvement is required

Puccio:
Hi Andy,

you can download the installation guide from this website:

www.triumph-instructions.com

Timbox:
Originally Posted by Puccio Hi Andy,

you can download the installation guide from this website:

www.triumph-instructions.com

Well done Puccio forgot about that Yes you can and its part no is A9808118

andyh1108:
Cheers guys, great source of information that site ..... bookmarked!

I assume the horror stories I have heard about these alarms comes from poor installation and not from a sub-standard system?

If the latter, would an after market system work better?

Thanks again for the help

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version