Tiger 1050 - Main Discussion Section > Modifications, Accessories, and Appearance

Garmin Zumo XT

(1/8) > >>

Fourbears:
Has anyone bought the new Garmin Zumo XT? looks a good bit of kit with a large screen so I am thinking of changing my 346 for it.

Dusty ST:
I'm tempted  :084:
Currently have a 390 and a 396.
I think (although might be proved wrong) that the navigation back to a pre-planned route works better, allowing you to return to your route, after a detour, rather than it insisting you go back to a missed way point, or heading off to the next way point via the nearest dual carriageway.

Timbox:
Yes, me:  You'll have to Forgive the bike its on  :008:

TimboLeMatelot:
Wow, it's a TV screen!

Sod that .... get a piece of paper, scribble the route on and stick it on the tank. The old ways are the best!

That's how I used to do Faslane to Brighton circa 1981. 8hrs 15mins with two fag stops!

Oh happy days ...

Sorry I am getting old and grumpy, fed up with lockdown, too much technology, brighter isn't always best and 'king searchlights mounted on the front of bikes.

KISS applies ... two wheels, a stonking engine, a frame, sussies and nipples to suit (for grease you dirty minded people  :015:) and a subtle right hand.  :001:

Go poke your technology somewhere else!! You can't have your eyes on the road looking at that thing!  :151: You should be able to navigate within a mile of where you need to be by following your nose ... then look at the screen  :745:

Timbox:
Originally Posted by TimboLeMatelot Wow, it's a TV screen!

Sod that .... get a piece of paper, scribble the route on and stick it on the tank. The old ways are the best!

That's how I used to do Faslane to Brighton circa 1981. 8hrs 15mins with two fag stops!

Oh happy days ...

Sorry I am getting old and grumpy, fed up with lockdown, too much technology, brighter isn't always best and 'king searchlights mounted on the front of bikes.

KISS applies ... two wheels, a stonking engine, a frame, sussies and nipples to suit (for grease you dirty minded people  :015:) and a subtle right hand.  :001:

Go poke your technology somewhere else!! You can't have your eyes on the road looking at that thing!  :151: You should be able to navigate within a mile of where you need to be by following your nose ... then look at the screen  :745:

Its ok mate, lockdown will be over soon :008:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version