Author Topic: Moving back to Stock Pipe  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Gordonton
Re: Moving back to Stock Pipe
Reply #10 on: 09 March, 2021, 04:08:32 AM
Here's an update. Have settled on a tune that is working well and giving good economy. 5 weeks ago I had a 6 day trip in the South Island of NZ and still had 20551 loaded as the bike runs really well with it. Well 6 days later and 3000km I averaged 6.4 liters/100km(36.7US/44UK MPG) not at all great. This was with full camping gear loaded. Just to refresh, my set up now is K&N air filter, dog bone removed, two openings in the airbox, stock exhaust. While the bike ran great the fuel consumption was just to much for me to stomach so on the suggestion of  gosling 1 I loaded up 20543, the arrow tune. Have done 1200km now with this tune. The bike runs great and still feels smooth and responsive and the fuel consumption has dropped to an average of 5.5 liters/100km(42.7US/51.3UK MPG). Really happy with the whole set up now. Thanks to those that offered suggestions. Very much appreciated.  :031:
07 Tiger 1050, K&N Air Filter, Snorkel Removed, Stock Exhaust, 20543 Map, NGK Iridium Plugs, Ricks R/R, Ohlins Rear Shock, Ohlins Front Springs, Bar End Mirrors, Leather Seat Cover, Ebay Levers, Ebay Risers, Custom Bars.

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Re: Moving back to Stock Pipe
Reply #11 on: 09 March, 2021, 12:13:17 PM
Glad it worked out. :152: It's nice to be able to try new mapping with just a laptop and a bit of patience. I don't miss the days when you had to strip off the bodywork, tank, and airbox just to wrestle out the carbs for a jet or needle adjustment!
Larger than life and twice as ugly!