Author Topic: Denali soundbomb mini, anybody had this issue?  (Read 909 times)

Offline kraftykarper

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Norwich
Re: Denali soundbomb mini, anybody had this issue?
Reply #10 on: 21 January, 2021, 06:24:21 PM
Ah! I wondered what that little screw did. I'll give it a quarter turn, trying one way or the other, and see what happens.

Thanks for all these little tips ZT and P2B.

It's only 5 degrees centigrade here, so mines still on the optimate for a while longer. It's got to he at least double digits for me to ride😄

Offline kraftykarper

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Norwich
Reply #11 on: 01 February, 2021, 03:06:33 PM
Think I've discovered the problem.
I tested the battery on a mates battery tester and it showed 100% health and 100% charged. Output was 12.7 volts 263 CCA.
So then got myself a digital multimeter and checked the output at the horn connectors. It showed at 11.8 volts. Denali state the horn requires 11.7 volts and bearing in mind the horn is on the same circuit as the side lights, tail light and my led spotlights, that explain why horn just clicks after 6 or 7 presses of the horn button when the engine isn't running.
Checking mot regs it says if the battery isn't fully charged the engine can be run to check and pass the horn.
If theres a reasonable cost solution to removing the issue I'll get it done, but otherwise will leave as is.
After all dont know why I wanted a louder horn anyway, it's not like how many times do you use them 🤣 I think the lock down is getting to me now, I might have to do an Aldi grocery run on it😄

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #12 on: 01 February, 2021, 04:58:19 PM
*Originally Posted by kraftykarper [+]
Checking mot regs it says if the battery isn't fully charged the engine can be run to check and pass the horn.

Yes, that's what my MOT tester does with my Yam traillie. Yet the battery is fine as said before 12.8v.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Hamilton

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 se
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
Reply #13 on: 02 February, 2021, 07:36:22 PM
Got the horn on my scrambler working today by taking it off , cleaning it and the contacts with contact cleaner , put the wires back on , now working ok .

reconstruction