Author Topic: KTech springs shorter than stock  (Read 431 times)

Offline HertsTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger ABS
  • City / Town: St Albans
KTech springs shorter than stock
on: 08 January, 2021, 03:49:20 PM
Hi,
At 105kg Ďtackle outí I canít get near to 30% pre load so planning to install some heavier springs as many on here have done.

From the Ktech website they recommend 38-288-**. I was planning on 0.95ís. My concern is the length, which I believe is 12mm shorter than standard and will possibly not give enough if any installed pre-load. Should I be using a stack of their spacer washers to make up the difference, either above or below the existing spacer?
I see BigRog used 38-315-** and cut down the spacer to Hamlinís spec (eventually), but I was hoping to avoid anything so drastic that could stop me reverting to stock at a later date.

Can anyone recommend a supplier of right length right strength springs in the Uk?

Steve

Offline Sidewinder

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050 Yellow
  • City / Town: Sheffield
Re: KTech springs shorter than stock
Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2021, 04:20:55 PM
If the spacer is just a simple cylinder, you can buy that sort of thing quite easily.

Offline HertsTiger

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger ABS
  • City / Town: St Albans
Re: KTech springs shorter than stock
Reply #2 on: 29 January, 2021, 01:19:21 PM
Thanks for the reply Sidewinder. In the end I contacted K Tech and they provided the neccessary spacers to make up the difference.

I've now got the correct sag and looking for an 'essential journey' to see how things feel on the road.

How did you get on with the Springcoil rear spring you were fitting?

Steve