Author Topic: Touring Germany, Summer 2020  (Read 7156 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Touring Germany, Summer 2020
Reply #20 on: 30 December, 2020, 12:57:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
:0461: Grouchy, really professional black & white photos Ari  :028: many thanks for sharing them.  :031:
Agree also. Great pics. Many years since I was in Berlin, and it's obviously changed enormously.

Who were the unpleasant-looking characters on the tram? They obviously didn't like being photographed!

Offline Konepyörämies

• Tiger Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Tampere
Reply #21 on: 30 December, 2020, 02:47:13 PM
Thanks, Paullie :028:

*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Who were the unpleasant-looking characters on the tram? They obviously didn't like being photographed!
The guy standing in the middle is the ticket inspector. The others? Maybe the former East Germans, the current Germans, going home. The tram line runs from the East Side Gallery through the former East Berlin to Berlin Central Station. Fact is, that these guys are too young to be ex-GDR’s punk rockers :084: :001:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #22 on: 30 December, 2020, 05:05:10 PM
Germans are much like Weegies, that's their happy face.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
Reply #23 on: 31 December, 2020, 02:30:07 AM
*Originally Posted by Konepyörämies [+]
Thank you. I'm honoured to hear that - but still stuck in the field of IT as a stressed project manager  :138:

I get it.   I'm married to a stressed PM in IT.    :012:

I took photography in school.  Way back when when.......learned to develop the film and make the prints.  But I never had the "eye" photographers like you have.  That's something special.  I envy it.

Keep em comin.  :028:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
Reply #24 on: 01 January, 2021, 07:58:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Germans are much like Weegies, that's their happy face.
I didn't know what a Weegie was, so I looked it up. To quote the Urban Dictionary:

"A weegie is someone from Glasgow, Scotland. Weegies are the scum of the earth who have no jobs and don't know what a bar of soap is. they have never had a wash and are scared of water. They are all inbred and there father and mother are sister and brother. Weegies have no money and are all on the dole. they collect there giro every week to buy there smack and buckie and then occasionaly go and gloryhunt by watching either Glasgow Rangers or Celtic on a saturday but dont know anything about the team."
"Feed the weegies, let them know it's christmas time"
"You are a weegie, a smelly weegie, your only happy on giro day. Yer ma's stealer, yer dad's a dealer, so please dont take my hub caps away"

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #25 on: 01 January, 2021, 08:13:47 PM
I didn't know what a Weegie was, so I looked it up. To quote the Urban Dictionary:

That's terrible, very wrong. Weegie is what Glaswegians call themselves, it's a friendly term like Scouse, Geordie, Taff, Manc, etc. Certainly never meant derogatory.

I worked in Glasgow in late 70's at Wellpark brewery on Duke street, stayed in Mount Florida, other side of what was the Gorbals area. Then stayed in Milngavie. Pronounced Mulgai as in Taggart.

Last Edit: 01 January, 2021, 08:17:58 PM by Paul2bikes
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Reply #26 on: 01 January, 2021, 09:09:28 PM
Doubt I would trust the opinion of someone who does not know the difference between their and there  :005:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
Reply #27 on: 01 January, 2021, 10:12:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
That's terrible, very wrong. Weegie is what Glaswegians call themselves, it's a friendly term like Scouse, Geordie, Taff, Manc, etc. Certainly never meant derogatory.

I worked in Glasgow in late 70's at Wellpark brewery on Duke street, stayed in Mount Florida, other side of what was the Gorbals area. Then stayed in Milngavie. Pronounced Mulgai as in Taggart.
Well the writer was from Edinburgh - that might explain it .....

reconstruction