Author Topic: Tune ECU question  (Read 7237 times)

Offline Noah

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Fernandina Beach, Fl
Tune ECU question
on: 27 December, 2020, 05:20:53 PM
Hello All,
I've got a 2010 tiger 1050, I've got the Lonelec cable and a samsung Tab, I can successfully connect and communicate with the bike. but when I go to read out the existing Map, it downloads for about 15 minuted and when I get to 3 minutes remaining, it stops communication and the app just freezes. This has happened about 4-5 times any ideas would be very welcome.
Yes I have the headlight fuse removed and a charger in place.

Thanks,
Noah

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
Re: Tune ECU question
Reply #1 on: 27 December, 2020, 05:42:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Noah [+]
Hello All,
I've got a 2010 tiger 1050, I've got the Lonelec cable and a samsung Tab, I can successfully connect and communicate with the bike. but when I go to read out the existing Map, it downloads for about 15 minuted and when I get to 3 minutes remaining, it stops communication and the app just freezes. This has happened about 4-5 times any ideas would be very welcome.
Yes I have the headlight fuse removed and a charger in place.

Thanks,
Noah

I had the same issue. I skipped that step and downloaded the new tune. Not a problem. I've done it a couple of times. :031:

Offline Noah

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 27 December, 2020, 05:46:54 PM
Thanks for the information, I was really hoping to save the Map that I have just incase I want to go back to it.

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
Reply #3 on: 27 December, 2020, 11:01:46 PM
I was really hoping to save the Map that I have just incase I want to go back to it.

Very wise.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Reply #4 on: 28 December, 2020, 10:01:36 AM
Thanks for the information, I was really hoping to save the Map that I have just incase I want to go back to it.

If it is not a custom map, then your old map should be available online.

What's the existing map number?
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Noah

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 28 December, 2020, 02:28:40 PM
Yes you're correct but if TuneECU won't go through a complete read process without freezing, my concern is that if it freezes during a reflash I will brick the ECU

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Reply #6 on: 28 December, 2020, 03:21:35 PM
Yes you're correct but if TuneECU won't go through a complete read process without freezing, my concern is that if it freezes during a reflash I will brick the ECU

If you are connecting via a physical cable to a Windows PC I really don't believe you will have an issue (assuming your PC is fine and you don't have any other programs running).

Do also consider that downloading the active tune from your bike is a huge task that can overload TuneECU & available IT Resources.

Uploading a tune from your computer to the bike's ECU takes a fraction of the time and not such a burdensome task.

Good luck  :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline Noah

• Tiger Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: 28 December, 2020, 03:30:52 PM
Hello there Yellow Dog,
I currently have 20549 and wanted to go to 20545, when I purchased the bike it had a slip on and I replace it with a Delivk and removed the baffle, then I did the airbox mod and installed a K&N filter. now the bike sputters when taking off in first between 1k-3K and I get the feeling that it's lean (wideband O2 sensor kit on the way).
Several people have told me what you said that flashing new SW is much easier that reading out the ECU, I don't really understand that since the file size is the same the only difference is the direction it's moving.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #8 on: 28 December, 2020, 04:26:24 PM
Hello there Yellow Dog,
I currently have 20549 and wanted to go to 20545, when I purchased the bike it had a slip on and I replace it with a Delivk and removed the baffle, then I did the airbox mod and installed a K&N filter. now the bike sputters when taking off in first between 1k-3K and I get the feeling that it's lean (wideband O2 sensor kit on the way).
Several people have told me what you said that flashing new SW is much easier that reading out the ECU, I don't really understand that since the file size is the same the only difference is the direction it's moving.

K&N filter allows more air through, stop a beer can. Was it a good seal in the airbox? I tried one once, terrible fit, returned it.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Reply #9 on: 28 December, 2020, 09:16:48 PM

Not sure if your asking or stating something.  Tunes are not hard once you get the first one done, real nice to have someone who has done this before.     
Biggest issue I have helping is the version of tuneecu it no longer runs on the pc but on a tablet with blue tooth.
Support the forum.   :031: