Author Topic: Track riding..  (Read 555 times)

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Track riding..
on: 14 December, 2020, 09:58:27 AM
We sort of skited around the idea of a track day in one of the other treads, I kinda like the idea, good to meet a few peeps from here, ride fast in safe conditions, food, general banter.

rather than a balls out track day I mentioned HRT (Hopp Rider training) I emailed re a group booking and just had a reply from Ben.

Click on Ben's link to see what it's all about.

Ben's reply;

Hi Martin,

Lovely, thanks for thinking of us! Your timing is perfect, as booking opens this Saturday for 2021 dates.

We have three dates for 2021:
7th April 2021
1st June 2021
1st September 2021

The cost is 260 per place. We used to do group bookings, but it started really annoying individual customers when large chunks of the tickets disappeared in one go, so we don't officially do that anymore. But, there's nothing to stop you booking ten tickets yourself in one transaction and getting the money back off your club members (or indeed getting it first!).

Just make sure you add the attendee info of each person to the tickets when you book so that they get the joining instructions. Or arrange with folks to do their own admin and get themselves booked on to avoid having to pass money between you!

You can book as many tickets as you like, assuming there are enough places left, from 9am on Saturday 19th:
https://hrtridertraining.co.uk/book-now/

They do tend to sell out pretty quick, so if you want to make sure the whole group can get the same date, get in early.

Here's some info on how the day works for those that haven't been on one before: https://hrtridertraining.co.uk/about-the-day/
It would be great to have you all there!

Thanks,
Ben @ HRT Rider Training

1st September would give us all time to pencil this in. Your thoughts gents..  :084:

Last Edit: 14 December, 2020, 10:09:48 AM by af1-windy

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
Re: Track riding..
Reply #1 on: 14 December, 2020, 10:28:11 AM
Yes, I'd be up for that. Would prefer the 1 June date though. However happy to go along with what works for everyone else planning on attending?
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 14 December, 2020, 10:45:08 AM
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Yes, I'd be up for that. Would prefer the 1 June date though. However happy to go along with what works for everyone else planning on attending?

I have a project to oversee at work and not confident that it'll be done and dusted but if the 1st June suits the majority on here go for it. If the project is complete I might come along and spectate..  :084: :001:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Reply #3 on: 14 December, 2020, 11:32:14 AM
I'd be up for it. Any of the dates really at the moment, as I don't know how next year is going to pan out.

I consider myself a 'progressive' rider, but it's been many years since I rode Commandos round Brands.

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 14 December, 2020, 12:56:48 PM
I'm going to book a place on the 1st September along with my mate Jon, who I did the North500 with.

Hopefully a few here will manage to get there..  :028:

:031: windy

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
Reply #5 on: 14 December, 2020, 01:19:01 PM
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
I have a project to oversee at work and not confident that it'll be done and dusted but if the 1st June suits the majority on here go for it. If the project is complete I might come along and spectate..  :084: :001:

OK - I'm in.

Have a daughter in Sheffield, so I can commute from there.

I might need to sit out some of the 7 x 30 minute sessions. Get's pretty exhausting  :087:

The last time I was at Cadwell Park was 35 years ago in a 250cc SuperKart. The top loop was quite an adrenaline rush at 2 inches off the ground  :062:   
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Online af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: 14 December, 2020, 01:30:44 PM
OK - I'm in.

Have a daughter in Sheffield, so I can commute from there.

I might need to sit out some of the 7 x 30 minute sessions. Get's pretty exhausting  :087:

The last time I was at Cadwell Park was 35 years ago in a 250cc SuperKart. The top loop was quite an adrenaline rush at 2 inches off the ground  :062:

Brilliant, I know it's a way off but it's great to get some biking stuff on the calendar    :020:

I hate going through the woods, especially if there are wet leaves on the track.. love Cadwell though, should suit the TS well..done it on a ZRX1200r, ZX6R and a Tuono  :300: :300: :300:

I'm only in Hull but I'll probably book a B&B close to the circuit, my mate Jon doesn't fancy the ride from Huddersfield before the day starts..

Gonna use this as motivation for my gym work.. if I had to lose this much weight from the bike I'd have to leave the engine at home...  :008: :008:  :034:

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Reply #7 on: 18 December, 2020, 06:22:58 AM
Have some safe fun.    Track riding initiated the purchase of my 3rd bike.    :300:
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
Reply #8 on: 18 December, 2020, 07:45:43 AM
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
Have some safe fun.    Track riding initiated the purchase of my 3rd bike.    :300:

I was close to getting a track bike until I sat on one and realised that the body doesn't bend that way any more  :087:

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Reply #9 on: 18 December, 2020, 09:18:00 PM
I was close to getting a track bike until I sat on one and realized that the body doesn't bend that way any more  :087:
That's easy son.. Mine doesn't either.   BUT, most run 20 minutes sessions.   Before you lock up the session will be over, just saying.

The saddest day of my life was realizing I could no long run the track.  DO IT while you can.
Support the forum.   :031: