Author Topic: tail lights  (Read 714 times)

Offline drumrted

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Illinois
  • City / Town: Aurora illinois
tail lights
on: 26 November, 2020, 02:30:35 AM
Ok guys..... I have been striking out and need help a.s.a.p.   PLEASE ! I own a 2008 tiger 1050s and I want to increase the brake and tail light output. I am looking for add ons that are running tail lights and hopefully have a flash function. I tried to get Denlai which bolt on to the license plate, but they are out of stock. And I was told at an online retailer that I can't get flashing tail lights for the Tiger! Any and all help will be not only greatly appreciated, but forwarded to Santa.   Thanks

Offline Grumpy old man

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Te Awamutu
Re: tail lights
Reply #1 on: 26 November, 2020, 03:45:25 AM
What about an inline brake light controller that flashes the stock rear light
Some are settable with differing flash amounts before going solid until you release the lever and some have a fixed set of flashes

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/custom-dynamics-universal-magic-strobe-brake-light-modulator?sku_id=936024

I have not used one of these as they are illegal here in NZ
They are also available as a modulator for some headlights but they will make you look a bit like a law enforcer  :121:

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Reply #2 on: 26 November, 2020, 07:40:36 AM
I have one of these stuck to my Givi rack...wired through a modulator, see links.. I don't use the rear driving lights or indicators, just the brake light.

I also have 2 rectangular brake lights fitted to my back box, I can plug both in, lights on the box or light on the rack, or just one or the other depending on whether or not I have my box fitted.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HRKSD6C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/prasku-blinking-modulator-flashing-controller/dp/B089647BJ1/ref=sr_1_29?crid=7RFR49PZBQQ8&dchild=1&keywords=brake+light+modulator&qid=1606375868&sprefix=brake+light+mod%2Cautomotive%2C162&sr=8-29

Fitted to my back box... I cut the bolt off and used double sided sticky tape so I only had to drill a small hole for the wires..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rectangle-Reflector-Universal-Rectangular-Motorcycle/dp/B07ZB3M232/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=brake+light+motorcycle+rectangular&qid=1606376216&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFNTU83T1ZESEhBNTYmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwNjc0MDUyQktPSTNFQTZCSERLJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2NTk5NTcxUkFaS1NCNzc2OEhIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I have a 2 socket set up wired to my brake light wire in the tail piece and plug on each of the lights with a modulator wired in, sounds complicated  :087: but it isn't or I wouldn't have been able to do it..  :084:  :008:

I can do photos but not until the weekend, maybe tomorrow if I get home early tonight after work.

:031: windy

Last Edit: 26 November, 2020, 08:05:12 AM by af1-windy

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Reply #3 on: 26 November, 2020, 08:24:15 AM
When I brake the 2 red lights on the box, under the amber lights, flash 3 times fast, 3 times slow then solid.. The modulator is not programable but for 7.00 for 2 you wouldn't expect them to be.. works fine and according to anyone following me not too annoying..  :164:

I'll post photos of the light strip I recently fitted to my givi rack when I have them.  :001:

the sawmill post falls

Cheers, windy

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Reply #4 on: 26 November, 2020, 02:17:03 PM
Got a set of Hyperlites for my dual sport that has a feeble tail/brake light. They are available in different configurations with or without turn signals and can be used with flashing funtions or steady like the OEM lights. Very bright and well made.

https://hyperlites.com/
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline drumrted

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Illinois
  • City / Town: Aurora illinois
Reply #5 on: 27 November, 2020, 12:44:32 PM
Thanks to all that have given some input concerning my question.  :028:
Still a bit unsure of what to go for :027:   
I do have a set of hyperlites on my cruiser. I didn't think they were still in business...... I will take a closer look at those.  thanks

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 79 Honda 750L
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Reply #6 on: 29 November, 2020, 03:56:13 AM
In the US, most brake modulators are legal as far as I know. (used to be, may have changed)

Besides those, more led's are what you want.  Bright lights to get the cager to see your slowing or stopping.
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline turtle

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Central IL
Reply #7 on: 01 December, 2020, 06:22:46 PM
I had hyperlites on my ZG/GTR and thought they were awesome.  On the Tiger, I added a Lite-Blazer.  http://www.run-n-lites.com/prod-LiteBlazer.html

They have several models that do different things.  The link I added lists everything you can get.  Shockingly, the prices are exactly the same as when I got mine 4-5 years ago.  I've been very happy with it and have had a couple comments on how visible it is. 

Bill
2011 Tiger 1050 SE

reconstruction