Author Topic: Last day of freedom - and a visit to Hughenden Manor  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Fearny

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport 1050
  • City / Town: Thrybergh
Re: Last day of freedom - and a visit to Hughenden Manor
Reply #10 on: 06 November, 2020, 07:02:37 PM
Well i had to do 35 mile today to check my eyesight, oh and i saw conisborough castle.  :164: Back to hourly self covid testing now :031: ,

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #11 on: 06 November, 2020, 07:30:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Fearny [+]
Well i had to do 35 mile today to check my eyesight, oh and i saw conisborough castle.  :164: Back to hourly self covid testing now :031: ,

Yep, that's how it works. I live on the edge of the Peak District, so easy for me to nip out for a walk in the hills, or not. I don't really feel for the townies 'cos they've been clogging up my countryside since May, I'd be glad to have shot of them for 4 weeks. Unfortunately too many townies have read into the rules & think a short travel applies to their 30 mile trip from city to countryside.

Today we took a walk on the Cheshire ring,  kinell, hundreds of townies with dogs, cyclists rode straight at us, have to jump out of the way, they'll pay. One hit my chum a while back, knocked him over & broke his arm, didn't stop. This won't be happening again, easier to take a wee run into the Peaks to distance ourselves from the virus ridden crowds.  :232:

Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Fearny

• Tiger Member
Reply #12 on: 06 November, 2020, 07:51:51 PM
I avoid the peaks , matlock all the busy places even pre covid,i find my own roads if  you know what i mean anyway bike is away for 3 weeks now, im legally doing 400 miles on sunday so it make a mockery of some of the rules. I do feel for folk that live by busy biking routes but some have existed since i was a kid. So the eyesight test was strangely true in jest.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
Reply #13 on: 06 November, 2020, 08:15:28 PM
I avoid the peaks , matlock all the busy places even pre covid,i find my own roads if  you know what i mean anyway bike is away for 3 weeks now, im legally doing 400 miles on sunday so it make a mockery of some of the rules. I do feel for folk that live by busy biking routes but some have existed since i was a kid. So the eyesight test was strangely true in jest.

Ha, Matlock Bath is the pits, It's not in the PDNP, now has Pikey camps at each end of town. We don't advertise the best spots or routes on social media. I blame MCN for spoiling a lot of the old ones, while also putting plod onto them. Suffice to say, keep off the A roads & the PDNP is a beautiful & peaceful place. I can spend a day without riding an A road & hardly see another vehicle. This year has caused a whole new breed of townie, infiltrating & endangering local life as we know it.
Last Edit: 06 November, 2020, 08:24:13 PM by Paul2bikes

Offline Fearny

• Tiger Member
Reply #14 on: 06 November, 2020, 08:21:52 PM
 :123: i think we are on the same wavelengh

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
Reply #15 on: 07 November, 2020, 12:37:49 AM
had to do 35 mile today to check my eyesight, oh and i saw conisborough castle.

You saw Conisborough Castle from 35 miles away !!!!!  :300:

Please tell us the name of your optometrist.

Offline Fearny

• Tiger Member
Reply #16 on: 07 November, 2020, 08:13:55 AM
Binoculars4U   :745:

Offline peejayess

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2014 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Reply #17 on: 08 November, 2020, 05:07:53 PM
Gloucestershire police are stopping folk and anyone "just out for a drive" gets a telling-off and sent home. Guess that covers "just out for a ride" as well. The harm to my mental wellbeing of not getting out for a ride, though ...  :191: :183: :183: :005:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
Reply #18 on: 08 November, 2020, 05:18:20 PM
*Originally Posted by peejayess [+]
Gloucestershire police are stopping folk and anyone "just out for a drive" gets a telling-off and sent home. Guess that covers "just out for a ride" as well. The harm to my mental wellbeing of not getting out for a ride, though ...  :191: :183: :183: :005:

Abide by the rules. Not rocket science, there are thousands out in the PDNP, take a lot of plods to stop & ask all of them if they out for a drive or for exercise.  :087:

reconstruction