Author Topic: Brembo Calipers  (Read 7168 times)

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Brembo Calipers
Reply #10 on: 02 November, 2020, 10:15:07 AM
*Originally Posted by steve_vai06 [+]
I donít say that the brakes arenít good...
It was just a thought I had for maybe improve the already excellent brakes...
Anyone knows if can we fit a Brembo Radial Master cylinder in the 16-20 Tiger Sport?
I know that in the previous 13-15 was possible...
TBH probably not worth the effort or expense.
I have HH pads at both ends and on a recent training day on a closed circuit I was enable to engage ABS at will on a good road surface in dry conditions from any speed up to 140mph  :164:
Repeated tests of emergency stops on dry (good) and wet (poor) surfaces with no noticeable fade. For road use there really would be no advantage.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline steve_vai06

• Tiger Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Ioannina
Reply #11 on: 02 November, 2020, 10:38:53 AM
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
TBH probably not worth the effort or expense.
I have HH pads at both ends and on a recent training day on a closed circuit I was enable to engage ABS at will on a good road surface in dry conditions from any speed up to 140mph  :164:
Repeated tests of emergency stops on dry (good) and wet (poor) surfaces with no noticeable fade. For road use there really would be no advantage.
What pads have you fitted?

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
Reply #12 on: 02 November, 2020, 10:45:48 AM
EBC. I also have EBC disks but that is only because I had to replace my OE disks at around 30K because they were worn - at the time I was still using organic pads in front so they did not wear out any faster because I used sintered pads.

Edit: Before the usual flurry of posts saying HH are not needed on the rear I have arthritis in my right ankle so the extra bite is really appreciated.
Last Edit: 02 November, 2020, 10:51:07 AM by seangee

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
  • City / Town: Back in Blighty
Reply #13 on: 02 November, 2020, 07:49:52 PM
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]

I'd like to do this course as well please .... !

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
Reply #14 on: 02 November, 2020, 10:09:01 PM
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]

I'd like to do this course as well please .... !
Believe it or not it was a slow riding / handling course organised by our local RoSPA group. I was helping with the setup and demos. We had a load of HOGs sign up and one of them was in the army and got permission for us to use the parade ground (good dry surface) and adjacent parking lot (crumbly wet surface made wetter using a fire hydrant  :001:).

Since we had all that space and only a handful of bikes we decided to practice some of the not so slow skills too, and test some of the limits of our equipment in a safe environment  :152:
I'll let you know if we are ever allowed to organise social activies on bikes again.
Last Edit: 02 November, 2020, 10:12:50 PM by seangee

Offline Puccio

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: Cingoli
Reply #15 on: 03 November, 2020, 11:54:55 AM
I'm really happy overall with the brakes on the latest Sport - both front (OEM pads) and rear (OEM Tiger 1200 pads).

I experience some shudder at the front every now and then, rotors aren't worn at all so I'm pondering on having them resurfaced this winter.

I only dislike the aesthetics of the front master cylinder, it works wonderfully but looks like the '80s leftover it is.

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #16 on: 03 November, 2020, 02:06:18 PM
*Originally Posted by Puccio [+]
I only dislike the aesthetics of the front master cylinder, it works wonderfully but looks like the '80s leftover it is.

Ayup Puccio, That's the metal master cyl on your '16 model innit, 80's leftover  :745:

My '14 model has the cheap plastic see through type, think I'd prefer your one. Triumph fitted the metal one back in early 90's then switched to this cheap thing quite recently. Mind, Honda fit same to the Fireblade so mebbe some reason for it?
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Reply #17 on: 03 November, 2020, 02:25:25 PM
Think it is partly in the event of a tip off it tends to pop off and not destroy the whole assy???

Offline saltpeter

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 2019
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Reply #18 on: 03 January, 2021, 10:00:11 AM
I was considering changing the Nissin front callipers for Brembro as I find the Nissins snatchy, although they're certainly powerful. I don't think I'll bother after reading about others' experiences!

I ride with first and second fingers only on the brake lever near the pivot which helps to avoid overbraking but even then the front end can nosedive easily especially at low speed.

Are different pads available anyone?

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050,1290,now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Reply #19 on: 03 January, 2021, 10:53:54 AM
*Originally Posted by saltpeter [+]
I was considering changing the Nissin front callipers for Brembro as I find the Nissins snatchy, although they're certainly powerful. I don't think I'll bother after reading about others' experiences!

I ride with first and second fingers only on the brake lever near the pivot which helps to avoid overbraking but even then the front end can nosedive easily especially at low speed.

Are different pads available anyone?

What pads are you running?