Author Topic: Front Fork service and piston kit  (Read 2093 times)

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Front Fork service and piston kit
on: 28 October, 2020, 10:43:43 AM
Booked my fork legs in with Brooks Suspension for next week.

I'll drop them out this weekend, which will make re fitting the exhaust and radiator easier, also, I'll re paint the fork leg bottoms while they're out.

400 for K-Tech piston kit, new springs and full service including fork seals.. in the past I've done the spring & oil change myself, Hyperpro, but figured with saving money this year, C19, lockdown etc. I'd splash some cash on the bike. How does that price compare to what others have done? seems Ok to me..  :084:

After this my tiger will be as right as it'll ever be, I have done so many things to it to get it perfect for me, it'd be hard to list them all.

Is there a thread where owners can list what's been done to their Tigers? It might inspire others to do similar, or not, I get it's always down to personal choice..  :084: :002:

:031: windy

Offline shi_bumi

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: İzmir
Re: Front Fork service and piston kit
Reply #1 on: 28 October, 2020, 12:04:21 PM
A sticky post "What have you done to your Tiger today" would be great. 

Offline TimboLeMatelot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Worthing
Reply #2 on: 28 October, 2020, 01:02:21 PM
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
Booked my fork legs in with Brooks Suspension for next week.

I'll drop them out this weekend, which will make re fitting the exhaust and radiator easier, also, I'll re paint the fork leg bottoms while they're out.

400 for K-Tech piston kit, new springs and full service including fork seals.. in the past I've done the spring & oil change myself, Hyperpro, but figured with saving money this year, C19, lockdown etc. I'd splash some cash on the bike. How does that price compare to what others have done? seems Ok to me..  :084:

After this my tiger will be as right as it'll ever be, I have done so many things to it to get it perfect for me, it'd be hard to list them all.

Is there a thread where owners can list what's been done to their Tigers? It might inspire others to do similar, or not, I get it's always down to personal choice..  :084: :002:

:031: windy

That's half of what I paid for a Maxton fork re-work and cartridge kit. With a Nitron rear I now have a very plush ride - shame we did not get to Spain this year!  :006: :003:

Bw

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: 28 October, 2020, 01:12:55 PM
*Originally Posted by TimboLeMatelot [+]
That's half of what I paid for a Maxton fork re-work and cartridge kit. With a Nitron rear I now have a very plush ride - shame we did not get to Spain this year!  :006: :003:

Bw

It's not a cartridge kit, just a piston kit and new springs, piston kits is substantially cheaper than full cartridge kit.. I figure if it's not all that bad now there's no need t spend an absolute fortune on it.. just figured while I was having them serviced I'd go a little further..  :001:

Spain will be still there when all this is over.. we're planning Istanbul for 2022..  :152:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Banbury
Reply #4 on: 28 October, 2020, 01:21:30 PM
*Originally Posted by shi_bumi [+]
A sticky post "What have you done to your Tiger today" would be great.
there was 1 called 'What did you do to your bike today' its the longest thread on the Forum at 2300 posts & 231 pages  :005:
closed down by Admin after nearly 2 years for having 'too much subject matter in this topic that should be in other sections'
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE, 2019 Tiger Sport .... got there in the end.

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 28 October, 2020, 02:01:52 PM
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
there was 1 called 'What did you do to your bike today' its the longest thread on the Forum at 2300 posts & 231 pages  :005:
closed down by Admin after nearly 2 years for having 'too much subject matter in this topic that should be in other sections'

ha ha, I can imagine a thread like that being a long one..  :180:   still, just a thread on what's been done so far rather than a day to day account of what we're doing..  :232:  :001:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #6 on: 28 October, 2020, 02:14:08 PM
ha ha, I can imagine a thread like that being a long one..  :180:   still, just a thread on what's been done so far rather than a day to day account of what we're doing..  :232:  :001:

Put it in your signature like some others have done.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: 28 October, 2020, 02:55:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Put it in your signature like some others have done.

I could but I was trying to get some interaction going through winter and the C19 crisis..  :001: I know there'll be them that have been there, done that, and got the T shirt but for us still wet behind the ears when it comes to Triumph ownership there might be something interesting to see :084:...

I'll start one and see where it goes... what harm can it do  :187:  no worse that an oil thread  :180: or a tyre thread  :180: :180:  or even the dreaded screen thread.. :180: :180: :180:   :007: :164:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Reply #8 on: 28 October, 2020, 03:04:26 PM
I could but I was trying to get some interaction going through winter and the C19 crisis..  :001: I know there'll be them that have been there, done that, and got the T shirt but for us still wet behind the ears when it comes to Triumph ownership there might be something interesting to see :084:...

I'll start one and see where it goes... what harm can it do  :187:  no worse that an oil thread  :180: or a tyre thread  :180: :180:  or even the dreaded screen thread.. :180: :180: :180:   :007: :164:

Could be a good thread, like "what mods ya done to date". I'll chip in but mine are mostly accessories.

Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

reconstruction