Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TuneEcu installation question  (Read 376 times)

Offline rhubarbray

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2008
  • City / Town: Russell
TuneEcu installation question
« on: 16 October, 2020, 11:02:19 PM »
ok, some of you may remember I'm trying to install TuneEcu on my laptop and I downloaded the required cable driver files from TuneEcu.net. But it appears seeing as how I'm barely adequate with the computer I asked one of our  IT guys to take a look at the files as I wasn't sure what I'm supposed to be opening in order to get the cable running. He had mentioned the files are missing either an .exe or .inf file in order for the laptop to figure out what to do with the other files. 

Anyone? is there an exe or inf file I didn't see somewhere?

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: TuneEcu installation question
« Reply #1 on: 17 October, 2020, 09:58:07 AM »
Cable driver files?  What cable are you using to connect laptop to your bike?
Im sure you just need to load tunecu on laptop and connect to your bike via a usb to OBD2 cable, this should have the latest chipset to connect to tunecu.
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
« Reply #2 on: 17 October, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »
Put up an image of your 'Device Manager' screen?

Assuming you have an FTDI equipped ODBII cable, it should just find it and TuneECU will auto-connect.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline rhubarbray

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: 18 October, 2020, 01:29:50 AM »
I have a VAG KKL cable with the correct  (R232?) chip. I took the cover off the cable and read the numbers on the chip directly. From how it's been described to me, I can load the software for the laptop to talk to the ecu but if I haven't told the laptop to look for the cable nothing will happen. That's the cable driver software.   I've already downloaded the required files on the laptop but it still doesn't recognize the cable.
 I'll see if I can post a couple of screenshots.

Offline Cloudy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Gordonton
« Reply #4 on: 18 October, 2020, 07:24:05 AM »
I never needed to load any drivers, just plugged in the cable and opened tuneECU
07 Tiger 1050, K&N Air Filter, Snorkel Removed, Storm GP Low Level Exhaust, 20551 Map, NGK Iridium Plugs, Ricks R/R, Ohlins Rear Shock, Ohlins Front Springs, Bar End Mirrors, LED Spots, Leather Seat Cover, Ebay Levers, Ebay Risers, Custom Bars.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #5 on: 18 October, 2020, 08:41:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by rhubarbray [+]
I have a VAG KKL cable with the correct  (R232?) chip. I took the cover off the cable and read the numbers on the chip directly. From how it's been described to me, I can load the software for the laptop to talk to the ecu but if I haven't told the laptop to look for the cable nothing will happen. That's the cable driver software.   I've already downloaded the required files on the laptop but it still doesn't recognize the cable.
 I'll see if I can post a couple of screenshots.

If it says it has the FTDI Chipset, then it will work. If the computer's device manager is not showing a yellow exclamation mark, then you should be good to go.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline rhubarbray

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #6 on: 18 October, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »

just tried the cable again and the light is not on

and have no idea why the pics are sideways.

Offline rhubarbray

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: 18 October, 2020, 03:23:15 PM »
or not sideways?!

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #8 on: 18 October, 2020, 04:39:42 PM »
Pictures are good.

So if you select 'Update Driver' on the USB port, you can either let it browse for an online driver or you can select the driver you have downloaded.

Offline rhubarbray

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #9 on: 18 October, 2020, 10:26:07 PM »
That's the issue. On Alains' site he specifically states not to use the drive software from the cable manufacturer but to use the software from his site. But here's all of the files from his site. What's the driver file and how do I get it to run?