Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: cockeyed handlebar and trailering  (Read 266 times)

Offline Path

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2011
  • City / Town: Worcester
cockeyed handlebar and trailering
« on: 24 September, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »
Noticed yesterday for the first time the handlebar is pointed a degree or two off center (to the right).  I presume this is an after effect of trailering when I had the vehicle secured by the grips because the fairing prevented me running the straps nearer the steering head.  My thoughts are loosening and re-torquing the bottom bolts on the triple clamp will pop the bars back into alignment.  Where do you all attach straps when you trailer?   

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: cockeyed handlebar and trailering
« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2020, 12:51:06 PM »
there are hard rubber pads under the chrome caps at the bottom of the riser mounts the bars have probably moved at that point if you push on the bars opposite the twist you will likely find they will straighten then nip the nuts up underneath

Offline Path

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2011
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: 24 September, 2020, 10:44:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
there are hard rubber pads under the chrome caps at the bottom of the riser mounts the bars have probably moved at that point if you push on the bars opposite the twist you will likely find they will straighten then nip the nuts up underneath

Thank you.  Haven't done, but looks like it will do.

Anyone one have an opinion on attachment points for trailering?

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2020, 12:22:13 AM »
I bought a handlebar sleeve for attaching my bike the day I collected it. It's a robust thing that was fine until I added guards and bar end mirrors. Now, I use it to thread through the lower yoke so that all the contact points are soft. It gives me a soft but firm grip without chafing anything and the secure point is below the fairing. Hope you get what I mean. I wrap the soft sleeve around my yoke and then pull down on it with regular tie-downs. It never touches the fairing if the angle to the trailer pickup point is correct. I used a similar idea for my KTM 1190 which had (seemingly) no way to attach. It just needs a little attention and an extra soft strap and you'll be good.