Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Denali D4s or S4s Led lights  (Read 327 times)

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050
Denali D4s or S4s Led lights
« on: 21 September, 2020, 03:03:36 PM »
What's the consciences on these lights :152: :151:. Searching this forum there is a lot about the D2s and very little about the D4s and s4. I've asked for a quote on a set of s4 with the data dim so I can replace a set of 2 running lights on a separate switch and a set of 2 spots that I have wired to come on with the full beam switch with just one set of the Denalis. My reasoning for doing this is : Firstly the spot leds I have are cheep (very cheep) and when left on for any length of time over heat and flicker so they are being removed anyway. I'm leaning towards the S4s as they have the same functionality as the D4 except they are smaller cheaper and although the specs are better on the D4s its reported there is little or know difference in the field tests.
Just taught I'd throw it out there before I pull the trigger on this one :465:.   
« Last Edit: 21 September, 2020, 03:05:46 PM by Kevmax »

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: Denali D4s or S4s Led lights
« Reply #1 on: 21 September, 2020, 07:37:56 PM »
Got S4's on my KTM with the datadim, they are bright enough believe me:

This was mid-day if a little overcast.  Half power followed by full power

At night on a dark road its like turning the sun on, set up correctly on half power I dont get flashed
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2020, 10:46:03 AM »
Looks good Timbox. Hard to tell from those pics but I think they are a neater fit without sacrificing performance. Are they running through the canbus? If I get the data dim module can I use the dim function by running them directly from the battery without the canbus solution and will I need a separate switch? 

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #3 on: 22 September, 2020, 01:01:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kevmax [+]
Looks good Timbox. Hard to tell from those pics but I think they are a neater fit without sacrificing performance. Are they running through the canbus? If I get the data dim module can I use the dim function by running them directly from the battery without the canbus solution and will I need a separate switch?

I havent got them going through Canbus as the KTM dont like it and yes, Ive got them direct from battery with a switch on the bars. As the KTM has an LED headlight I couldnt use the highbeam as a trigger for full power, on the Tiger you should be fine tapping into the highbeam for trigger

« Last Edit: 22 September, 2020, 01:06:05 PM by Timbox »
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 22 September, 2020, 01:40:43 PM »
Nice one Timbox. Appreciate the  Good information. That puts my mind at ease😌.Most of the online information is for fitting to GSs so to hear your setup is more or less the same as what I want is great news. Still waiting on a quote so just have to squirrel away for them.     Beautiful bike btw