Author Topic: Led spot lights  (Read 570 times)

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2017 tigersport
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Led spot lights
on: 12 September, 2020, 08:23:39 AM
Looking at led spot lights and came across motea auxiliary led lights 30w with mounting clamos and wiring lumitecs s16.question is anybody have any experience of this product .also add does not inform strength of lights as in how many lums .ps anybody have any experience of any better kits .thanks .also i take it my heed crash bars will have to come of to remove tank to allow for wiring .thanks

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger sport
  • City / Town: Leeds
Re: Led spot lights
Reply #1 on: 12 September, 2020, 10:58:50 AM
*Originally Posted by Joeh [+]
Looking at led spot lights and came across motea auxiliary led lights 30w with mounting clamos and wiring lumitecs s16.question is anybody have any experience of this product .also add does not inform strength of lights as in how many lums .ps anybody have any experience of any better kits .thanks .also i take it my heed crash bars will have to come of to remove tank to allow for wiring .thanks

Depends on wheather you're wanting to be seen or see in the dark   :084:

To be seen I reckon any extra lights will do the trick..  :028:

To see in the dark you need to do some research but check this thread out.. I'll be doing the NW 500 in October and have fitted them for when/if we get caught out in the dark in the Scottish back of beyond..  :005:

https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,41557.msg458923/topicseen.html#new

And yes, you'll need to remove the heed bars but it';s not the hassle you first think it is, especially after a couple of times removing them for wiring, services etc.

Lets have some photos of your end result..  :031:  windy

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 12 September, 2020, 03:46:47 PM
Thanks for that af1-windy thise lights look good,now could you advise what wiring kit you used and brackets for the heed crash bars thanks ps you will love the west coast  thanks

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
Reply #3 on: 12 September, 2020, 08:01:45 PM
I used the one that came with original lights, basic wires, switch and relay off of amazon. Mine are fixed to a bracket from squaredeals.com they do a bracket for the early tiger and the tiger sport so make sure you get right one. I didn't want then stuck out further than the bars in case the bike fell over or had a low speed get off..  :034:

:031: windy

Offline af1-windy

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master

Offline Joeh

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author