Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trip to the Brecon Beacons and New Quay (the Welsh one)  (Read 596 times)

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Trip to the Brecon Beacons and New Quay (the Welsh one)
« on: 10 August, 2020, 07:23:31 PM »
 Me & 5 mates all met up at North Oxford BMW Friday morning & headed off down the A40 to the campsite we stayed at last Easter in LLandyfan, Wales.
We had one corner of the site with 3 small lodges/pods a large hot tub and our own shower & loo. :123:

Saturday morning we set off over the Black mountain pass to the West End Cafe in Llandovery for a nice breakfast (or so we thought),
the cafe was fairly quiet with only a couple of bikes outside & several cars..... we all ordered & sat outside in the courtyard, 1st thing that came out was a sausage & bacon sandwich ..with no sausage & mouldy bread  :004:
that went back for a replacement, 2nd thing was scrambled egg on toast also with mouldy bread.. WTF!!  :137:  this was replaced but we only got a half _a  :172: d apology from the owner. rest of the food was ok but nowhere as good as last year  :110:
Set off for New Quay along the A482 - what a great road, loads of corners & twisties. was cool & overcast a fair bit of the way but the sun came out just as we got to New Quay  :046:

beach both sides of the harbour was busy.

we all had an icecream :089: & watched the world go by for an hour or so then headed back to our campsite via the Black mountain pass again, i made a wrong turn near llandovery,  :138: so once i discovered the others were not behind me i did a U-turn & hooned off to catch them at one of the carparks at the top of the mountain.
My Tiger almost flew around some of the corners.. good Job theres no speed cameras  :169: but i am really pleased with how well it powered up to the top.

while we were in the carpark this came in, a Steve McQueen Bonnie T100 - a Triumph factory custom apparently..  :028:

Sunday Morning we packed up & headed off over the Black mountain pass again for breakfast at a different place.
as we were going over the top  my mate who was leading on his Fireblade was almost taken out by a kamikaze sheep  :005:
which decided to jump out in the road in front of him (and me who was just behind him) at the last second, luckily we both managed to avoid it but it was heart in the mouth moment  :183:
We rocked up at the Owls Nest which is only 1/2 a mile from the west end cafe & realised where all the bikers were - a good 60 or so bikes and a long queue for breakfast.
Food was 100 times better, Big breakfast with a mug of tea or coffee for 9 quid, i highly recommend it  :152:
some of the Bikes outside..
This Tiger belong to anyone on here? was with some other triumphs, all had TOMCC stickers.

You can see the queue waiting to order.. also they had a Suspension tune up tent, several of the sports bikes were getting their rear shocks adjusted  :084:

All in all a brilliant weekend for riding  :080: Oh and Beer  :031:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
Re: Trip to the Brecon Beacons and New Quay (the Welsh one)
« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2020, 07:31:27 PM »
 :031:

Good to finally see a ride report with pics this year,
all very scarce due to you know..............

Oh GF10 UJW looks in need of a new rear  :164:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #2 on: 10 August, 2020, 08:23:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
:031:

Good to finally see a ride report with pics this year,
all very scarce due to you know..............

Oh GF10 UJW looks in need of a new rear  :164:
Thanks Steve & yes its got about 1mm left in the centre to the wear bars, will be fitting a new one in the next 2 or 3 weeks  :028:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2020, 08:37:31 PM »
What a fantastic w/e you boys had, thanks for sharing Mike, just wish it was me. I love that area, been to New Quay several times, holidayed there back in the early 80's with family.

We've had 3 welsh rallies cancelled on us this year, the Offa's Dyke rally when we have a run into the Brecons, the west Wales rally when we have a ride to New Quay for fish & chips & for the first time we had tickets for the Ogri Rorkes Drift rally at Brecon. First year we've not done any rallies, even the Concorde end of Sept is now cancelled. Roll on 2021. Wishing our lives away.

Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Online TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #4 on: 11 August, 2020, 01:05:41 AM »
Nice ride report - love the accommodation pods :028:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #5 on: 11 August, 2020, 09:15:50 AM »
Like the outfit, proper posh, be handy for piling stuff in for rallies. Could do with more braking.

Got a link to the Pod place at Llandifan?
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline agardener

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 2018
  • City / Town: New Forest
« Reply #6 on: 11 August, 2020, 11:38:17 AM »
Was it this pass you were using?

Brilliant riding but many stupid sheep!
Cheers,

Andrew

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #7 on: 11 August, 2020, 12:42:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Like the outfit, proper posh, be handy for piling stuff in for rallies. Could do with more braking.

Got a link to the Pod place at Llandifan?
Yes, it would be just right for me, Wife on the back & Dog in the sidecar  :152:
Here you go, its Byncoch Farm website is http://www.southwalescamping.co.uk/
the owner Trevor is English & a biker as well  :028:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #8 on: 11 August, 2020, 12:45:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by agardener [+]
Was it this pass you were using?

Brilliant riding but many stupid sheep!
Yes mate, that's the one, there seemed to be twice as many sheep as last year & loved jumping out on us as we were passing  :232:

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #9 on: 11 August, 2020, 12:55:39 PM »
For anyone going to the Brecon Beacons area & want to get some good food & be served by friendly staff, try the Owls Nest in Llandovery - no website but their Facebook page is here
https://www.facebook.com/owlsnestLlandovery/
i highly recommend it  :152:
i have no connections with this place, just a recommendation.