Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2016 Model loose mirror heads at speed  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Weegiboy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport&T120
  • City / Town: London
Re: 2016 Model loose mirror heads at speed
« Reply #30 on: 13 August, 2020, 09:35:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Aprilia mirrors on mine. 1/3 of the price of T mirrors and solved the wobbly right mirror.
Note you will need an adapter (or helicoil) for the right mirror.

Morning seangee so did you go for a specific Aprillia model of mirrors ? Thanks .
The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present... he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future... he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.
Milan Kundera

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #31 on: 13 August, 2020, 09:48:06 AM »
Is there no suitable Yamaha mirrors, ready made with the correct lh & rh threads.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #32 on: 13 August, 2020, 01:54:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Weegiboy [+]
Morning seangee so did you go for a specific Aprillia model of mirrors ? Thanks .
The same ones are used on a number of models, Aprilias and otherwise (the BMW R9T has the same), and also a few mopeds.
Search for Aprilia Shiver mirrors because there is only one type on that bike. Lots of people say they have Tuono mirrors, but there are so many different variants that's a rabbit hole.

I got mine from Fowlers.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Weegiboy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport&T120
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #33 on: 13 August, 2020, 02:25:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
The same ones are used on a number of models, Aprilias and otherwise (the BMW R9T has the same), and also a few mopeds.
Search for Aprilia Shiver mirrors because there is only one type on that bike. Lots of people say they have Tuono mirrors, but there are so many different variants that's a rabbit hole.

I got mine from Fowlers.
Much appreciated, thanks .
The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present... he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future... he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.
Milan Kundera

Offline warwick4261

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: tiger 1050 sport
  • City / Town: leamington spa
« Reply #34 on: 03 September, 2020, 10:00:20 AM »
this is becoming a confusing thread.  Can someone summarize what mirrors fit without adaptors or helcoils and do they actually work when fitted.