Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2016 Model loose mirror heads at speed  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: 2016 Model loose mirror heads at speed
« Reply #20 on: 10 August, 2020, 11:54:11 AM »
Are they handed to suit the '16 on base mounting as Seangee said rh & lh threads?
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Weegiboy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport&T120
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #21 on: 10 August, 2020, 12:06:31 PM »
🤔 I will need to ask before I decide buy them .
The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present... he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future... he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.
Milan Kundera

Offline Weegiboy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #22 on: 12 August, 2020, 07:40:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]
I had a set of  Highsider mirrors on my 2017 Sport https://www.nr1motor.nl/highsider-universal-mirror-sempion.html but currently not available. Must still have those lying around somewhere.

Morning just checking these are a straight swap out no need for helicoils or other kinds of jiggery pokery so to speak ? Thanks .
The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present... he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future... he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.
Milan Kundera

Offline Weegiboy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #23 on: 12 August, 2020, 08:04:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Are they handed to suit the '16 on base mounting as Seangee said rh & lh threads?
Morning just received an email from that distributor saying they are standard right hand thread and will be available from the 18/09/20 hope this helps .
Milan Kundera

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #24 on: 12 August, 2020, 08:43:44 AM »
Then you will need an adaptor. Easy to find but the one I bought had a bubble in the cast and snapped off when I tightened it. Since I had to drill it out anyway I just used a RH helicoil.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Weegiboy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #25 on: 12 August, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Then you will need an adaptor. Easy to find but the one I bought had a bubble in the cast and snapped off when I tightened it. Since I had to drill it out anyway I just used a RH helicoil.
Thanks seangee much appreciated 
Milan Kundera

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
« Reply #26 on: 12 August, 2020, 09:32:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Weegiboy [+]
Morning just checking these are a straight swap out no need for helicoils or other kinds of jiggery pokery so to speak ? Thanks .

It was a straight swap and took a out 5 minutes to install them
Triumph centerstand, engine guards & heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack, DLM36 panniers, SR6404 topbox rack with M9B plate, V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator & oil cooler guards, ExtendaFenda, Pyramid hugger extension, Puig touring Screen with spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount,  Osco chainoiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch & brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Lust Racing 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini 3 volt/temp/time

Offline Weegiboy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #27 on: 12 August, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by mustangpilot [+]

It was a straight swap and took a out 5 minutes to install them
Great thanks .
Milan Kundera

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #28 on: 12 August, 2020, 11:46:05 AM »
You end up with one a tad higher than the other then, like mine on my Yam.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline mustangpilot

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger Sport
« Reply #29 on: 12 August, 2020, 12:06:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
You end up with one a tad higher than the other then, like mine on my Yam.
Never noticed that on my 2017 TS  :024:

« Last Edit: 12 August, 2020, 12:13:55 PM by mustangpilot »
Triumph centerstand, engine guards & heated grips, GIVI PLR6404 side rack, DLM36 panniers, SR6404 topbox rack with M9B plate, V47N/TRK52B topcases, ST603/602 tanklock tankbags, EVOTECH radiator & oil cooler guards, ExtendaFenda, Pyramid hugger extension, Puig touring Screen with spoiler, Zumo 396 with Zumolock holder on RAM mount,  Osco chainoiler, SWMotech sidestand extension, CNC shorty clutch & brake levers, SCPROJECT SC1-R can, Lust Racing 25mm lowering plates, KOSO Mini 3 volt/temp/time