Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sport Pannier Hangers  (Read 179 times)

Online out_in_the_cold

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport 1050
  • City / Town: Surrey
Sport Pannier Hangers
« on: 31 July, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »
Thought I'd share this with all.

Decided it was time to take the panniers out of the attic, which was always a pain and finally store them in the garage, easier to access etc, etc.
Searched over the tinterweb for ideas and products, nothing seemed to work for or be avaible for the Tiger, so considering I've now a little more time on my hands than I was expecting, thanks to the 'damdemic', I'd build some.
So with a saw and drill and items close to hand.
4 by 2 or as near as, 15mm John Guest plastic pipe (other brands are available) and some Talon 'nail in' pipe clipes (again other brands....)

I replaced the nails in the pipe clips with 3.5 x 70mm wood screws for a more secure fixture, the 'mat' on the wall is underlay for wooden floors. As for the french plates, they are the wifes.

The only piece not shown is the backing support for the righthand side pannier. There is a small block around 70mm deep that helps level the pannier so it sits straight, in line with the left hand one.

Happy to share.
Speed Four
Daytona 650
Sprint 1050 ST
Tiger 1050
Tiger Sport 1050

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Suwanee
Re: Sport Pannier Hangers
« Reply #1 on: 31 July, 2020, 04:09:55 PM »
Clever solution. I had a section of FastTrack left over from my shelving so was able to do a lazy alternative in a wasted spot.

Online out_in_the_cold

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: tiger sport 1050
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by ZuluTiger [+]
Clever solution. I had a section of FastTrack left over from my shelving so was able to do a lazy alternative in a wasted spot.

Nice one.
Speed Four
Daytona 650
Sprint 1050 ST
Tiger 1050
Tiger Sport 1050

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: now bikeless
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #3 on: 31 July, 2020, 10:01:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by out_in_the_cold [+]
Thought I'd share this with all.

Decided it was time to take the panniers out of the attic, which was always a pain and finally store them in the garage, easier to access etc, etc.
Searched over the tinterweb for ideas and products, nothing seemed to work for or be avaible for the Tiger, so considering I've now a little more time on my hands than I was expecting, thanks to the 'damdemic', I'd build some.
So with a saw and drill and items close to hand.
4 by 2 or as near as, 15mm John Guest plastic pipe (other brands are available) and some Talon 'nail in' pipe clipes (again other brands....)

I replaced the nails in the pipe clips with 3.5 x 70mm wood screws for a more secure fixture, the 'mat' on the wall is underlay for wooden floors. As for the french plates, they are the wifes.

The only piece not shown is the backing support for the righthand side pannier. There is a small block around 70mm deep that helps level the pannier so it sits straight, in line with the left hand one.

Happy to share.

Neat solution  :028:
you must have a very big garage to have enough space fro your bike as well as the stock Triumph panniers  :164:

:008: