Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE  (Read 492 times)

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Tampere
Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE
« on: 07 July, 2020, 12:26:35 PM »
Summer vacation is approaching. Before the holiday begins, I will replace the front and rear tires of my Tiger. I drove over 7.000 miles on Michelin Road 5 tires until they became angular. There is still plenty of tread left, but riding with them is just a pale memory of the original feeling. They will be replaced by Metzeler's Roadtec 01 SE tires, which have been renewed for this season. At the same time, I replaced the original rear brake pads with the brake pads made by Brembo.

Offline Konepyrmies

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2018
  • City / Town: Tampere
Re: Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE
« Reply #1 on: 07 July, 2020, 09:44:37 PM »
And there it is - ready to rock, ready to roll.

Offline Craigt967

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2019
  • City / Town: North Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: 08 July, 2020, 09:34:39 AM »
Hearing good things about these tyres, I get mine fitted today. Replacing the Angel ST which I wasn't impressed with. I was thinking of getting Road 5 but thought I'd try something different.

Going to the lake District in a couple of weeks so I will be able to report properly then 👍

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Nenagh
« Reply #3 on: 08 July, 2020, 10:02:42 AM »
Im on my second set of 01s.  Found them great. Got the second set for a trip to NC500 from Ireland before the lock down. Rock steady in the wet. Had the Bridgestone T31s before that, also a great tyre.  Unfortunately due to the straight road on my commute to work, my tyres square off a bit too soon for my liking. I do get out on the twisty one as much as possible and the performance is confidence inspiring. I think you will be very happy on your choice.
EnJoy the ride.

Offline Kevmax

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Nenagh
« Reply #4 on: 08 July, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Konepyrmies [+]
Summer vacation is approaching. Before the holiday begins, I will replace the front and rear tires of my Tiger. I drove over 7.000 miles on Michelin Road 5 tires until they became angular. There is still plenty of tread left, but riding with them is just a pale memory of the original feeling. They will be replaced by Metzeler's Roadtec 01 SE tires, which have been renewed for this season. At the same time, I replaced the original rear brake pads with the brake pads made by Brembo.

I also had the Brembo pads on the rear . Cant remember the pad compound I bought. They had red backing plate (if that helps). Found them good at the start although a little hard. As they wore down they got poor in the wet with a little bit of role back on hill starts. Went back to the standard EBC set. Id be interested to hear what your experience is.

Offline Snozzeltoff

• Tiger Pro
  • Video Games, Bikes, Bike racing.
  • Bike/Model: 1050->Now KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #5 on: 08 July, 2020, 01:50:45 PM »
Roadtec 01's for me too on the 1290, never had Metzelers before but I'd heard great things and have not regretted my choice. Haven't had to test them in proper rain yet but theyve been great in the dry. Certainly had the confidence to crank it right over on these.

Offline nfot

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport '15
  • City / Town: Volos
« Reply #6 on: 08 July, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »
01 SE for me also. I had M7RR before, but they worn out so fast, I decided to replace them with the SEs. A bit slower turn in, but that's all. They handle great in dry and just need a bit more push to turn in, compared to the M7s. Don't know about wet conditions, as I hardly ride in rain.

Offline Luddfooter

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #7 on: 10 July, 2020, 12:43:59 AM »
I've just completed around 1800 miles on my 01SE's and comparing them to the Road 5's they replaced so far so good. Having said that comparing them back to back there isn't a huge difference IMHO, both offer amazing levels of confidence and grip in the wet (the road 5's may be marginally better in the wet). The dry grip seems on a par too, although the 01's offer slightly quicker turn in. Both feel really plush and stable at big angles of lean.

Depends on longevity for me now which go back on again, the Road 5's were goosed at 4,500 front and rear (although I could have got 5000 out of them I'm sure), having said that, they still felt safe at that mileage. The 01SE's are starting to show clear signs of wear already.

In conclusion I'd be happy with either so the pair that last longest will be the winner for me...