Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bolts dropping out  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Bolts dropping out
« Reply #20 on: 16 July, 2020, 06:56:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Hmmm, I worked at Airbus for several years, all the interference fit fasteners used on the wings were Titanium, unfortunately all UNF threads.

Cadmium plating in Engineering? I thought it was banned over 20 years ago.

We live & learn eh.
:430: Sorry Paul, what I should have typed is that cad and pass stainless screws are used in Aircraft component manufacture like aircraft communication antennas and radios. Parts that bolt on and in aircraft ... doh..
I worked for Cobham for 26 years and all the screws, nuts and bolts (apart from the odd titanium ones) were small metric sizes - M1.6 to M8 or UNF/UNC.
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Sidewinder

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050 Yellow
  • City / Town: Sheffield
« Reply #21 on: 16 July, 2020, 06:57:25 PM »
Nope, i'm the only owner from new and they are as rec'd from factory.

That's odd, there's none in mine & hasn't been in any my other Triumphs over the past 26 years. Maybe a PO fitted them?

Offline SomeOldMan50

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: MK
« Reply #22 on: 04 August, 2020, 11:27:30 AM »
not surprised something has fallen off, my TS is almost the worse built / worst quality component bike I've owned in the 20 years, only a Bandit was worse.

I've had brake pads de-laminate - (only 4.5k miles / 2 yr old) , bolts come out of the screen &  exhaust, centre-stand stops fall off , body work grommets missing / not fitted,  - its a really poor quality / poorly build bike,

every thing something falls off i end up buying 2 spares just in case it falls of again 

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #23 on: 04 August, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by SomeOldMan50 [+]
not surprised something has fallen off, my TS is almost the worse built / worst quality component bike I've owned in the 20 years, only a Bandit was worse.

I've had brake pads de-laminate - (only 4.5k miles / 2 yr old) , bolts come out of the screen &  exhaust, centre-stand stops fall off , body work grommets missing / not fitted,  - its a really poor quality / poorly build bike,

every thing something falls off i end up buying 2 spares just in case it falls of again

Sounds like you have a vibration problem.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #24 on: 04 August, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »
I agree with Paul, not sure you can blame your brake pads delaminating on the build quality of the bike though ...
What make of pads have you fitted? Are you the original owner or is it 2nd hand?
If 2nd hand , missing grommets etc may be down to the PO...
Just my thoughts.. 🙂
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline SomeOldMan50

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: MK
« Reply #25 on: 04 August, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »
  nah

All QC issues - brake pads are probably made by Nissin - and resold by Triumph as 'OE' so that's a Triumph supplier manf fault, its Triumphs name on the box and supplied by the Triumph Dealer.

same as the centre stand rubber stop - the fit is so sloppy, again parts supplied by Triumph - their supplier QC is not good enough.

grommets that hold the side panels in were pushed in on one side and missing on the other - again the replacements from Triumph are such a sloppy fit its no surprise they fell out

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #26 on: 04 August, 2020, 01:00:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by SomeOldMan50 [+]
  nah

All QC issues - brake pads are probably made by Nissin - and resold by Triumph as 'OE' so that's a Triumph supplier manf fault, its Triumphs name on the box and supplied by the Triumph Dealer.

same as the centre stand rubber stop - the fit is so sloppy, again parts supplied by Triumph - their supplier QC is not good enough.

grommets that hold the side panels in were pushed in on one side and missing on the other - again the replacements from Triumph are such a sloppy fit its no surprise they fell out

Very strange. if a Triumph QC issue, more of us should suffer similar. Mebbe you got a bad'n. Was it new to you, not a demo bike?

I had fitted ebc pads in rear of my TS, they cracked, hardly worn, see pic. I've had ebc pads delaminate a few times, rusty plates. Front's are similar age & ok. Replaced rear with oe, do same with fronts.

https://cdn.img.tiger-sport.com/DSCN1260.jpg

Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.