Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: dash  (Read 443 times)

Offline vela

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: tiger 1050
  • City / Town: newcastle
dash
« on: 25 June, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
anyone know how to set the dash up so it shows the clock and time by default ?
When I turn the bike on, it's set to miles left  so I set it to the clock then set off, if I stop for a cuppa or a ciggie when I start the bike again it reverts to miles left, and I have to set it again, have to reset it everything, any ideas?

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: dash
« Reply #1 on: 25 June, 2020, 01:03:25 PM »
Questions:
- Many miles on the bike? Been stored/looked after in the past? Inside/outside?
- How new is your battery?
- Any other problems with the dash? e.g. do all the buttons work?, and any sign of condensation inside?

Offline tiggerii

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Chandlers Ford
« Reply #2 on: 25 June, 2020, 02:22:54 PM »

I have the same problem with my 2009 Tiger 1050.  If the bike has more than half a tank of fuel it will display the clock when you start it if that was showing when last stopped but if it has less than half a tank of fuel it will always show the remaining tank range when you start it.  Having owned the bike since 2010 I've just got used to it.

2009 Tiger 1050 - Black, Tiger Sport Headlight Conversion, Heated Grips, High Gel Seat, Centre Stand, Remus Powercone, Palmer Screen Brackets and Large Screen, Carbon Fibre Hugger, Dunlop Roadsmarts, Evotech Performance Radiator Guard, Suspension by MCT, Preload adjuster by PaulVFR, Right Hand Full Pannier bracket and Stainless Steel Calliper pins - both by TiggerSteve

Offline vela

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 25 June, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Questions:
- Many miles on the bike? Been stored/looked after in the past? Inside/outside?
- How new is your battery?
- Any other problems with the dash? e.g. do all the buttons work?, and any sign of condensation inside?

the bike has 14500 with a fsh, no other problems but no idea about the battery, its been well looked after as its in excellent condition for its age, there's a pic in the new members sub forum

Offline vela

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 25 June, 2020, 04:26:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiggerii [+]
I have the same problem with my 2009 Tiger 1050.  If the bike has more than half a tank of fuel it will display the clock when you start it if that was showing when last stopped but if it has less than half a tank of fuel it will always show the remaining tank range when you start it.  Having owned the bike since 2010 I've just got used to it.

i had just filled mine to the brim & still happens, stays on the clock once i start the bike then change the settings, but like i say once i stop have to do it all again

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #5 on: 25 June, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
Is this just on the earlier Tiger1050, my TS just has the little clock that I need me glasses to see, top left. IIRC my ST1050 had a big clock in the centre of the r/h dial.

Does the clock go off when the miles to empty shows eg counting down from 50 miles? Or just go off for no reason. Nowt in the manual to say owt but how to reset the time eh.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline toopytiger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: '08 Blue
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #6 on: 26 June, 2020, 02:02:46 AM »
Definitely something wrong there.  When you switch on it should stay on whatever you had it set to when you last switched off.  It should only default to miles to empty when the low fuel light is on.  That's not coming on when it shouldn't is it?
Triumph Centrestand & 3 box panniers.  TOR, dogbone out, Arrow race tune.  GIPro gear indicator.  SWMotech light mount with 3500 Komys.  SWMotech chainguard. Nitron R1.  Hand me down pointy indicators off son's Street Triple.

Offline vela

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: 26 June, 2020, 08:13:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by toopytiger [+]
Definitely something wrong there.  When you switch on it should stay on whatever you had it set to when you last switched off.  It should only default to miles to empty when the low fuel light is on.  That's not coming on when it shouldn't is it?

No, no lights coming on, I knew there was something wrong, doing my head in now   :001:
« Last Edit: 26 June, 2020, 08:23:26 AM by vela »

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #8 on: 26 June, 2020, 08:43:15 AM »
My 16 did this most days when I had a duff cell in my battery. Confused me cos it still used to start (until the day the second cell went).
Assume you have checked all the battery leads & terminals...
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline vela

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: 27 June, 2020, 07:51:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
My 16 did this most days when I had a duff cell in my battery. Confused me cos it still used to start (until the day the second cell went).
Assume you have checked all the battery leads & terminals...

Going to get them tested today mate