Author Topic: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model  (Read 2140 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#10

Offline TimboLeMatelot

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 704
  • Bike/Model: 2019 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Worthing
  • Country: gb
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #10 on: 14 June, 2020, 09:02:38 PM
Consider the option too, of sending the ECU to Hilltop Motorcycles for a re-flash with Geoff's own software.

Bw

#11

Offline VALDEMS

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 27
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 2015
  • City / Town: Veracruz
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #11 on: 15 June, 2020, 06:35:36 AM
*Originally Posted by leew [+]
Cruise on the car is great! Not had a real cruise on a bike but I imagine it would be good on long trips(as Yellow Dog said!! :001:)
I've fitted a Kaoko throttle lock to mine, only tried it briefly as I haven't been anywhere far(lockdown & all that! :189:) It seems like a poor man's alternative, but works, obviously speed does fluctuate a bit as it's not controlled.

a few days ago I saw that Kaoko throttle lock on ebay and looks interesting, but....I have handleguards so I think it will not fit. :084:


#12

Offline Grouchybastard

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 330
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
  • Country: us
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #12 on: 15 June, 2020, 11:51:17 PM
*Originally Posted by VALDEMS [+]
a few days ago I saw that Kaoko throttle lock on ebay and looks interesting, but....I have handleguards so I think it will not fit. :084:

Unless there's a huge difference between the hand guards on a 1050 and a Tiger sport,  I have the Kaoko on mine with guards. If I remember, installation allows for either.  :031:

#13

Offline VALDEMS

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 27
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 2015
  • City / Town: Veracruz
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #13 on: 16 June, 2020, 07:14:30 AM
*Originally Posted by TimboLeMatelot [+]
Consider the option too, of sending the ECU to Hilltop Motorcycles for a re-flash with Geoff's own software.

Bw

I'm from Mexico bro, and here there are few Dealers, they are far to my city and, in my experience, Dealers are not the best option,
I don't trust them  :006:

#14

Offline VALDEMS

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 27
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 2015
  • City / Town: Veracruz
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #14 on: 16 June, 2020, 07:15:52 AM
*Originally Posted by Grouchybastard [+]
Unless there's a huge difference between the hand guards on a 1050 and a Tiger sport,  I have the Kaoko on mine with guards. If I remember, installation allows for either.  :031:

I would glad if you post a photo to check them out :164:

#15

Online Paul2bikes

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 8983
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
  • Country: gb
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #15 on: 16 June, 2020, 01:04:39 PM
I used an O ring for a while, it worked. Push it aside when not wanted.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

#16

Offline Grouchybastard

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 330
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
  • Country: us
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #16 on: 17 June, 2020, 12:35:14 AM
*Originally Posted by VALDEMS [+]
I would glad if you post a photo to check them out :164:

We're getting a ways off topic here. I'll PM the pictures to you.  :031:

#17

Offline leew

  • Tiger Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
  • Bike/Model: 1050 Sport 2015
  • City / Town: Gravesend
  • Country: gb
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #17 on: 18 June, 2020, 03:51:36 PM
Valdems,
Kaoko do 2 types, 1 for the 1050 & another for the sport. Make sure you get the right ones, I didn't at first(1050 as the sport were not listed), when I realised they were wrong I looked & they had listed ones for the sport. The dealer I bought them from exchanged them no problem. Mine has hand guards too & they're fine either way.
Lee. :152:

#18

Offline VALDEMS

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 27
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050 2015
  • City / Town: Veracruz
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #18 on: 22 June, 2020, 05:21:45 PM
Updated:

The air filter arrived. This weekend did the changes on the bike. The stock air filter was pretty dirty and the spark plugs, well, they were different than the ones I bought according to the workshop manual.

NGK CR8EK


I used NGK CR9EIX because I couldn't find the CR9EK, and supposed Iridium is always better.  :015:

Very important, read the instructions on the K&N filter, it says that you have to remove the OEM O-ring and put on the new K&N filter.

Before to put the airbox on his place, I checked the throttle bodies balance as the workshop manual indicates, the cylinder 3 was 50HPa higher than the other ones, at the end the three cylinders were 620HPa... someone knows if it is a correct value? the workshop manual don't indicates which values are ok, just say balance the bodies until you see "Balanced" on the dealer tool.

After this, I put everything on his place and finally I connected again my Bluetooth scan to reset adaptation, I did it like says in some PDF document I read here about Adaptive Fuel Systems:

Start the bike, wait to get the running temperture/ralenti and then reset adaptation....Am I right?

I was pretty busy this weekend and I couldn't ride the bike to check everything is ok, I will do it today.

What others things do you recommend to "reset"? maybe TPS? I want to use the bike a couple of days before trying some new Map, that way I could feel the differences.

Thank you!
Last Edit: 22 June, 2020, 05:24:20 PM by VALDEMS

#19

Online Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 4422
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: gb
Re: Recommended custom maps for 2015 model
Reply #19 on: 22 June, 2020, 06:18:32 PM
*Originally Posted by VALDEMS [+]
Updated:

The air filter arrived. This weekend did the changes on the bike. The stock air filter was pretty dirty and the spark plugs, well, they were different than the ones I bought according to the workshop manual.

NGK CR8EK


I used NGK CR9EIX because I couldn't find the CR9EK, and supposed Iridium is always better.  :015:

Very important, read the instructions on the K&N filter, it says that you have to remove the OEM O-ring and put on the new K&N filter.

Before to put the airbox on his place, I checked the throttle bodies balance as the workshop manual indicates, the cylinder 3 was 50HPa higher than the other ones, at the end the three cylinders were 620HPa... someone knows if it is a correct value? the workshop manual don't indicates which values are ok, just say balance the bodies until you see "Balanced" on the dealer tool.

After this, I put everything on his place and finally I connected again my Bluetooth scan to reset adaptation, I did it like says in some PDF document I read here about Adaptive Fuel Systems:

Start the bike, wait to get the running temperture/ralenti and then reset adaptation....Am I right?

I was pretty busy this weekend and I couldn't ride the bike to check everything is ok, I will do it today.

What others things do you recommend to "reset"? maybe TPS? I want to use the bike a couple of days before trying some new Map, that way I could feel the differences.

Thank you!

The actual number for balancing doesnt matter, it changes all the time anyway as its affected by barometric pressure, just get all 3 as close as possible
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

 



reconstruction